• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Game of Thrones

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Game of Thrones"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    When I've caught up with House (although I may yet give up on House, this season hasn't been very good).
    Would have to agree although am sticking with it.

TBH, I thought it had run its course last season.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Boardwalk empire is veeeerrrrry slow to get off the mark, but persevere.
    I'm finding that I tend to enjoy the slower paced dramas, where they are focusing on characterisation and story more nowadays - another sign of turning into an old fart, no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Global warming.

Get with the project.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I bloody loved it and why on 12 episodes??? It was just getting good

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If you want "gratuitous incestuous sex and general nudity" I would recommend the Spartacus series, Xena finally getting her lez on!
    I really got into that too, and next week Sky are showing the first series (the first series that comes after the second series, because the first series is a sequel and the second series is a prequel to the first series).

Most my knowledge of history comes from watching Xena, so it's good to have these new shows for reference. Thanks to Spartacus I now know that Romans spoke English with either Glasweigan or Kiwi accents.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If you want "gratuitous incestuous sex and general nudity" I would recommend the Spartacus series, Xena finally getting her lez on!
    Ah, no, Ted!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Well apart from the brooding northern men, scheming queens (no pun intended), gratuitous incestuous sex and general nudity, what did people think of it?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I'm on a mission to finish the West Wing season 7 this week.

I'll get to Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones after that.

When I've caught up with House (although I may yet give up on House, this season hasn't been very good).

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I'm on a mission to finish the West Wing season 7 this week.

I'll get to Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones after that.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I read the books a few years back, then got the boardgame.

It is one of those stories that sticks in your mind and gives you the odd flashback. It wasnt particularly well written, and it uses the same technique that tolkein used of multiple seperate story lines that are all connected at the beginning and end, but way too many strands.
    The telly program is quite true to the books

I got that impression on the first episode, but hopefully they'll tie things in a tad better.

Might get the books

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I read the books a few years back, then got the boardgame.

It is one of those stories that sticks in your mind and gives you the odd flashback. It wasnt particularly well written, and it uses the same technique that tolkein used of multiple seperate story lines that are all connected at the beginning and end, but way too many strands.
    The telly program is quite true to the books

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    You do understand the concepts of fiction and imagination - don't you?
    Yes. It's fact and reality that scares me.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I enjoyed the first one; haven't watched the second yet. It's all extremely well made as you'd expect from HBO.

How come "Pentos across the narrow sea" with the weird blonde siblings looked like it was somewhere on the Mediterranean, but the map at the start shows it to be roughly Antwerp. I've never been to Antwerp, but I don't think it has a mediterranean climate.
    Second episode is much better and the character build up shows promise.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    How come "Pentos across the narrow sea" with the weird blonde siblings looked like it was somewhere on the Mediterranean, but the map at the start shows it to be roughly Antwerp. I've never been to Antwerp, but I don't think it has a mediterranean climate.
    You do understand the concepts of fiction and imagination - don't you?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I enjoyed the first one; haven't watched the second yet. It's all extremely well made as you'd expect from HBO.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's on Sky Atlantic, which is not on Virgin so I haven't seen it. The adverts look good though, so I might have a go at getting it from the states/iTunes.
    Downloaded last night from Kickass, have not watched it yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X