• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Urgently need German humour magazine recommendation"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    Maybe somebody with a knowledge of the Continent can help me out here? I haven't even sorted out my apartment and health insurance yet, and I'm really blocked on this one issue.
    Asterix the Gaul. Kids books aren't too bad if your German is basic.

You can also get books which have German on one page and English on the facing page. They are meant to be for learning English, but there's nothing to stop you using them the other way around. They do tend to be classics, detective stories or Agatha Christie though, not comedy.
    Last edited by Sysman; 28 April 2011, 14:13.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yes, now try doing it with the video html tags rather than the url ones smart arse!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

(1 min in, can't get the #t= thing to work?)
    Ah, I see what you mean now:

YouTube - Henning Wehn-Stand up introduced by Stewart Lee BBC Comedy

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I saw him support Stewart Lee.

1:34

That's where I nicked it from. I thought he was funnier than that though.

"I am the German comedy ambassador"

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Some people joke that Germans do not have a sense of humour, but Germans do not find this a laughing matter.

I saw him support Stewart Lee.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    And watch 'Wo ist Fred', cracking movie!

Not a mag tho...

Leave a comment:

• darrenb
    replied
    I'm surprised no-one mentioned Eulenspiegel.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    So I walked into this great shop filled wall to wall with every type of magazine. About a hundred different titles for computers, a hundred for masculinity, a hundred for home improvement, about fifty on sudoku puzzles alone, etc, etc. It's all in German of course and I can't understand much, but I thought I'd learn it starting out with some comics or something. All I can find is a translation of Daffy the Duck.

So I ask the Maedchen if they have a magazine with some good German jokes in it. She takes a few seconds to understand the concept, looks at me as if I'm mad, takes another few seconds to search the back of her memory, then gives me a definitive "Nein!?!"

Maybe somebody with a knowledge of the Continent can help me out here? I haven't even sorted out my apartment and health insurance yet, and I'm really blocked on this one issue.
    The Germans find the Financial Times quite amusing.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Who says the Germans have no sense of fun?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13107599

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Titanic magazine?

You can get fired from your job as a sports presenter for jokes like this one:
    Bei der Frauenfußball-WM sollen erstmals Headphones zum Einsatz kommen, über die sich die Schiedsrichterinnen während des Spiels von ihren Ehemännern die Abseitsregel erklären lassen können

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Something of a tradition in these parts

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Zo, a british and a german were out hunting. They zee a wabbit the brit aims, fires and misses 10cm to the left. The German takes a shot misses 10 cm to the right. He proceeds to walk away. The brit says but surely now we'll hit the rabbit with a third shot, Ja says the german but on average the rabbit is dead.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Some people joke that Germans do not have a sense of humour, but Germans do not find this a laughing matter.
    Was it Bob Monkhouse who said to his family he was going to be a comedian and they just laughed.

Bob later commented "Well, they're not laughing now...."

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    So I walked into this great shop filled wall to wall with every type of magazine. About a hundred different titles for computers, a hundred for masculinity, a hundred for home improvement, about fifty on sudoku puzzles alone, etc, etc. It's all in German of course and I can't understand much, but I thought I'd learn it starting out with some comics or something. All I can find is a translation of Daffy the Duck.

So I ask the Maedchen if they have a magazine with some good German jokes in it. She takes a few seconds to understand the concept, looks at me as if I'm mad, takes another few seconds to search the back of her memory, then gives me a definitive "Nein!?!"

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Hahaha!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X