• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: contractor pension

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "contractor pension"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And what's wrong with a £150 Volvo with 205k on the clock?

Apart from the astronomical oil leak?

(Pint & a half a week at the moment ).

Try Slick 50 oil treatment. Can stop the leak if it's not huge.

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/P..._Slick_50.html

Scroll down a few and you'll find the stuff you need.
    Last edited by DaveB; 14 March 2006, 17:02. Reason: misread the info and removed it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Pah. Call yourself a contractor? You'll be lusting after a Skoda Diesel next...
    I was planning on trading up when I retire

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Skoda vRS - Excellent car. Forget about snob value, try driving one and prepare for a hoot - kills almost anything in the mid-range.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    I tried to tell her we'd be better off with a £150 volvo estate...

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Mrs Spartacus is quite keen on a new chariot. Seems a bit flashy to me...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I don't know, but Mrs Lucifer seems to be making a valiant effort to find out by laying in a massive supply in plenty of good time.

Mine seems to think that flash cars make a good investment. Keeps eyeing up BMW's

I tried to tell her we'd be better off with a £150 volvo estate and money in the bank/ISA/Whathaveyou but she wont have it.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    What use is loads of shoes when you retire?
    I don't know, but Mrs Lucifer seems to be making a valiant effort to find out by laying in a massive supply in plenty of good time.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    I recommend getting your money from a Securitas van. This time of year they often let people help themselves. Make sure you take a table leg in a plastic bag for exchange.
    Make sure it is a sterilised 4 x 2 or you may get sued if the van driver catches something.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    What use is loads of shoes when you retire?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    But remember to take them with you when you move house.
    Thats where I have been going wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    But remember to take them with you when you move house.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    I've found a solution is to prise up floorboards in your bedroom and fill it with loaded shoeboxes.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Are you mad ? An ISA is a terrorist organisation. If you go and ask for one of those at the bank they will blow your head off. Now, let's look through the round window.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Dont listen to the jabber, what he is suggesting is probably illegal if not downright dangerous.

Get as much into ISA's as you can then start saving in long term accounts. Go for 300k but dont get a private pension, theyre all baloney.

hth

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    I recommend getting your money from a Securitas van. This time of year they often let people help themselves. Make sure you take a table leg in a plastic bag for exchange.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X