• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Joint supplements

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Joint supplements"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As a permie didn't you have a private health care option that means you go to your GP and ask for a referral to a private Physio?

What tulip company are you working for?
    McDonalds

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Indeed churchy - Wrote to my GP yesterday asking for a Physio referral, so will see how that goes.

As a permie, will start to make the most of medical appointment time
    As a permie didn't you have a private health care option that means you go to your GP and ask for a referral to a private Physio?

What tulip company are you working for?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Damn, I thought this was another drugs thread.

I was ready with my and looking forward to another bout.
    I thought this was about Rizla's and filters too

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    If only the body was as easy to change as the car when it starts to fall apart!

I think it's inevitable we'll get some bionic parts soon. Just got to hope they come along in time for us to enjoy use of.

Caught a glimpse of the news last night and they had a piece on some fancy new technology allowing paraplegics to walk upright. Some form of exoskeleton on the lower body. Interesting stuff, and a godsend for ex-forces, bikers etc who have been seriously injured and would up till now be wheelchair bound.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It is a very fine line.

My BP is and pulse rate is absolutely healthy, I will maintain this by going for spinning, and reducing my Body Attacks to one low impact one for keeping supple once a week.

It sounds to me as though you're equally reckless with both.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    There is more to being healthy than not getting fat though.
    True. Like most things in life, it's all about balance and moderation.

One of the things I love about foreign holidays is that generally it involves a lot more walking about than at home, if you can resist getting a hire car. I usually come back off holiday not only refreshed but also feeling fitter. Damn I need a holiday!

Maybe I should get a dog, then I can go out dogging with the fit neighbours down the park.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It is a very fine line.

My BP is and pulse rate is absolutely healthy, I will maintain this by going for spinning, and reducing my Body Attacks to one low impact one for keeping supple once a week.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yep. The body will wear out like any mechanical object if over used.

That's my excuse for not going to the gym or doing any form of unnecessary exercise purely for the sake of it. Fortunately I have enough willpower to not stuff my face with sugar filled crap all day, so can stay slim without much extra effort. :SmugHolierThanThouSmilie:

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    37? I always knew that too much exercise was bad you.

Yep. The body will wear out like any mechanical object if over used.

That's my excuse for not going to the gym or doing any form of unnecessary exercise purely for the sake of it. Fortunately I have enough willpower to not stuff my face with sugar filled crap all day, so can stay slim without much extra effort. :SmugHolierThanThouSmilie:

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ftfy
    Indeed churchy - Wrote to my GP yesterday asking for a Physio referral, so will see how that goes.

As a permie, will start to make the most of medical appointment time

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Not sure if I need the collagen as well, in which case, this is the product I need I think:

Vitabiotics Jointace Max Tablets 84 Tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Maybe I need to have a good chat with a decent physio.
    Ftfy

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    I found that taking some supplements called Dianabol, Testex and Decadurabolin made my joints better. I got them from a guy in the gym.... They did make me put weight on though ....

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    bruv is a doc and says there isn't much evidence for these but I used to have painful knees the next day after sport - could really feel every stair etc and cod liver oil did seem to have a really good effect after a couple of months.
    Could be that I had a slight difficiency (not crazy about oily fish = don't eat any) which this replaced so if you have a better diet it could be a waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Before I stock up on this stuff for my crackly sounding knees and unstable feeling which the doc says is because of wear and tear, if there anything else I should consider? ..
    Have you considered a zimmer frame?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Not sure if I need the collagen as well, in which case, this is the product I need I think:

Vitabiotics Jointace Max Tablets 84 Tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Maybe I need to have a word with myself about my constant wingeing and maybe man up and grow a pair. FFS.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X