• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Neighbours football..."

Collapse

• StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff
    replied
    I can picture the entire dramatic episode right now!

Wilmslows Mumsies House: The telephone rings with an ominous, yet petulant tone.
    Wilmslows Mumsey:Yeeeeesssss!
    Wilmslow:Mummy, mummmy! They're doing it again!
    Wilmslows Mummy:What are those fiends doing now my little buttercup?
    Wilmslow:Well.. <sniffles> I was minding my own business, you know, just organising my collection of betterware containers. When all of a sudden.... a football fell in my garden!
    Wilmslows Mummy:Really? Did this spherical portent of doom cause any damage or injure anyone?
    Wilmslow:...Well no not really. Oh wait it did flatten some grass on my lawn! My cctv caught the whole incident in grainy colour!
    Wilmslows Mummy:<disconnects call>
    Wilmslow:Mummy? Mummy? Are you there? Hello? Bugger I'll post this crap on Contractor UK and get back to my betterware collection.

Is that how it all went down?

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by davemcuk View Post
    Spend some time on this.
    Go purchase a cheap and nasty plastic ball, about the same size as their ball.
    Then find a slightly smaller one.
    Then an even smaller one.
    Then a tiny bean-sack type ball.
    Then a plastic marble.

Next time you are gifted the ball, return the cheap and nasty one.
    When they gift you the cheap and nasty one back, return the slightly smaller one.
    When they gift you the even smaller one back, return the even smaller(2) one.
    ect..

Nothing like diminishing returns.
    or paint a bowling ball in the same colour and leave it in the middle of their playing area, hopefully one of them will do a full run up and boot it

or just keep it deny ever seeing ita

I have a similar problem with noisy neighbours, they shake my block of flats but slamming their front door so hard about 10-20 times a day. They are young, don't even own the place and ignore me when I ask them to stop slamming the door - so I know how you feel when it comes to neighbours - i could effing kill mine at times

Leave a comment:

• davemcuk
    replied
    Spend some time on this.
    Go purchase a cheap and nasty plastic ball, about the same size as their ball.
    Then find a slightly smaller one.
    Then a tiny bean-sack type ball.
    Then a plastic marble.

Next time you are gifted the ball, return the cheap and nasty one.
    When they gift you the cheap and nasty one back, return the slightly smaller one.
    When they gift you the even smaller one back, return the even smaller(2) one.
    ect..

Nothing like diminishing returns.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Chucked it back over, hence they keep lobbing it back. There is a huge garden, but they seem to want to make as much noise as possible at my end, so it seems!
    Slash it with a carving knife and throw it back over. They'll put 2 and 2 together soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    He stabbed it repeatedly with a kitchen knife, Jumped up and down on it screaming "I HATE you!", microwaved it on full power, jumped up and down on it a few more times then finally threw it out of his car window wrapped in a sack on his daily commute....... He neighbours are mad you know!
    Bet their cat keeps a wide berth n' all.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Strip to the waist and paint your torso blue. Take the biggest kitchen knife you have an go out into the back garden shouting "where are you? Where are you?" Then grab the football and stab it repeatedly until you break down in a snotty, blue heap.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Sorted.

Thought that I would not begrudge them of not having the football, so decided to throw it back over the fence at 5:30am on my way out of the house, so they would have the pleasure of having it all day.

The loud clanging sound of the ball hitting the tin garage door was rather satisfying, it has to be said

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    Why do the yanks have an obsession with donkeys ?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    Is that next door to Wilmslow?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Just leave the f*kcing football in your sodding garden, stop faffing about something so trivial. Is this genuinely a concern in your life?

Why do people FAFF SO?
    Calm down dear, it's just a Wilmsloooow sockie post.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    What did you do the other 4 times?
    He stabbed it repeatedly with a kitchen knife, Jumped up and down on it screaming "I HATE you!", microwaved it on full power, jumped up and down on it a few more times then finally threw it out of his car window wrapped in a sack on his daily commute....... He neighbours are mad you know!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Just leave the f*kcing football in your sodding garden, stop faffing about something so trivial. Is this genuinely a concern in your life?

Why do people FAFF SO?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Chucked it back over, hence they keep lobbing it back. There is a huge garden, but they seem to want to make as much noise as possible at my end, so it seems!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    For a 6th time?

Maybe consider placing on the front doorstep to make more of a point.....
    Yes, for a 6th time. You already make enough points with your neighbours......and your girlfriends.....and everyone on here too.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Is in my garden for the 5th time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X