• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hiring a student on a summer placement"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I hear AtW might be letting one go soon.
    Don't mention AtW - the thread will be deleted if you're not careful.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Having seen it, I've decided there is no way I would wear your company t shirt.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Anyone ever done this?
    I hear AtW might be letting one go soon.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Not that low level. Brand awareness stuff.
    In that case, I'm OUT!!

sasguru

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I will wear your company t-shirt for £30/hr, as long as it's not going to be embarrassing.
    Embarrassing for who? How ugly are you?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Well I wont be asking for man on man oral sex.
    In that case I'm sure doodab will be breathing a sigh of relief!!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I will wear your company t-shirt for £30/hr, as long as it's not going to be embarrassing.
    Well I wont be asking for man on man oral sex.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by dinker View Post
    When you say marketing do you mean delivering leaflets?

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied
    When you say marketing do you mean delivering leaflets?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I managed a summer placement coder for a while, he was pretty good, got him in to write jUnit tests for an application I was working on, by the end of the summer he was one of the better developers in the team. All down to my teaching of course.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    You get what you pay for, of that I'm sure you're well aware.
    Rubbish. If you plot a scatter-graph of price Vs competence you can probably see a trend, but that's a statistical thing not a direct correlation. You can find students at uni who can be more useful than £500/day contractors, they're just not the norm... cue interviewing and so on.

I've been tempted to do this (not marketing but coding), my old uni actually ran a program they'd pay the students minimum wage to come and get experience working.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Got a bit of experience in marketing as I worked in the industry for a while, this work will be pretty much donkey work but something they can get their teeth into

Promotinal work rather than front line sales.
    fair enough, I'd def block the social networking sites though

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Got a bit of experience in marketing as I worked in the industry for a while, this work will be pretty much donkey work but something they can get their teeth into

Promotinal work rather than front line sales.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X