• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A 3000 round trip and they didn't even bring any pasta!!!"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

he was saying it was tuff. not impossible.

you will need us techies one day, just to keep the juice flowing to your life support system.
    and to keep your fridge going

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Can't be true, Gibbon says they have different shape plugs!

he was saying it was tuff. not impossible.

you will need us techies one day, just to keep the juice flowing to your life support system.
    and to keep your fridge going

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    i just heard that the RAF have been operating out of Gioia del Colle in Italy today. Thats blooming quick deployment, from what I understand

Can't be true, Gibbon says they have different shape plugs!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    i just heard that the RAF have been operating out of Gioia del Colle in Italy today. Thats blooming quick deployment, from what I understand

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    As far as the logistics and realities of RAF deployments you are.

I don't comment on Army or Naval matters because I know nothing about them.
    Pardon me for asking questions.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I think Malta would rely on Faith Hope and Charity

I thought that "Hope" was the only survivor.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Get it right me old trench digging friend.

Updated: Second UK Strike Against Libyan Defence Assets

Senior Service all the way.
    stick to the hospipe in the scuppers ye old pirate. To hit individual vehicles moving on a road is a job for the straffers

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    zeity's the expert on that stuff.

as far as I know, we are using air launched cruise missiles at the moment, it must be the frogs and the US who have been blatting the convoys on the coast road

Get it right me old trench digging friend.

Chief of Defence Staff's Strategic Communications Officer Major General John Lorimer said

"I can confirm that British Armed Forces have participated in another co-ordinated strike against Libyan Air Defence systems.

For a second time, the UK has launched guided Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles (TLAM) from a Trafalgar Class submarine in the Mediterranean as part of a coordinated coalition plan to enforce the resolution"
    Updated: Second UK Strike Against Libyan Defence Assets

Senior Service all the way.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    gibbon
    how long would it take to deploy and get operational , say 4 planes, to an airfield, assuming all you had was a runway, fuel and unlimited airlift capacity ?
    how long would it take to get the people, management, spares, defence, etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Really? So, what were you doing?

You referred to a comfy armchair, I can only assume that you wish to associate that with me being an "armchair" warrior. I assure you that you couldn't be further from the truth.
    As far as the logistics and realities of RAF deployments you are.

I don't comment on Army or Naval matters because I know nothing about them.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    It was just on the news that they aborted the mission at the last moment because of the presence of civilians.

Permission to use foreign landing strips? Malta is closer than Italy, but I haven't heard any mention of them so far. Malta might not want to participate in case they pick the wrong side.
    I think Malta would rely on Faith Hope and Charity

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I'm not expecting the RAF to bomb civilians.

You missed the point.

Why make a round-trip of 3000 miles? There are staging points a damn sight nearer to Libya.
    It was just on the news that they aborted the mission at the last moment because of the presence of civilians.

Permission to use foreign landing strips? Malta is closer than Italy, but I haven't heard any mention of them so far. Malta might not want to participate in case they pick the wrong side.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Interesting. What are the house prices like?
    They are not for sale sadly.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    In short, they are chunks of the island that we did not give back when we granted the rest of it Independence. We retain control of it in perpetuity, essentially as if it were a part of Britain.

Interesting. What are the house prices like?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    when there are people on this forum who've served in HM forces and wielded more than a ******* SOLDERING IRON AND A PAIR OF WIRE-CUTTERS!
    Cheers mate. Cheers.
    Now if only the goddamn nightmares would stop!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X