• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Girl

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Girl"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Nah, she works hard enough but also uses words like 'synergy' and 'energy' and 'space' (as in 'this is a great space, yah?')
    Does she come from Surrey, yah?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I couldn't cope with more than 45 seconds of that.
    It's really very funny, IMO. I enjoyed the last series

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You're working with Miranda?

I couldn't cope with more than 45 seconds of that.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You're working with Miranda?

I can't help but imagine NewGirl to be of the Miranda type, a big jolly blunderfoot of a gal!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    and also "this one time at band camp" types or those who keep banging on about their old jobs on new gigs and how they were so brilliant at it.
    Cue mention of a permie a decade ago. Clientco was quite happy to let us build up overtime hours during the year to balance time off for holidays, but this particular permie would get us after 6 in the evening with the same old tales of that Intel chip he worked with many years ago, to the point we'd regularly escape earlier than planned.

He cost us money, but compared with the idea of lamping him (immediate termination of contract) or ending up in the funny farm, it was money well spent (or strictly speaking not earned).

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    One of my exes used to call her pussy her "space", but she was a graphic designer.
    Was it at about that time that you started getting those mysterious penis extension emails?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    <cough>

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    and also "this one time at band camp" types or those who keep banging on about their old jobs on new gigs and how they were so brilliant at it.
    Argh. She does that. She's always trying to 'ADD VALUE' by 'STREAMLINING' stuff, like at her old place.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    unfortunately at current clientco sid person is short, fat, bald and northern
    <cough>

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    However, I would pay rapt attention if she was saucy and holding a flute!
    unfortunately at current clientco said person is short, fat, bald and northern
    Last edited by norrahe; 27 April 2011, 15:21.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    However, I would pay rapt attention if she was saucy and holding a flute!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Oh Dear!

I frigging hate those types.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    You know after today every other sentence will start "Tom said"
    Oh Dear!

I frigging hate those types.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I haven't kept count. There have only been a few significant ones, punctuated with bouts of mansluttery.
    Yeah, same here. Bit like contracting. Keep your skills current, but don't put potential clients off by having too many short duration stints on your CV.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    From the examples given on here in the past, that's a long list, care to put a number on it?
    I haven't kept count. There have only been a few significant ones, punctuated with bouts of mansluttery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X