• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sponsored +ve rep for Comic Relief"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Cough.

Isn't it ironic.
    Git.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Bid for the Sue Perkins dinner meet and Bill Bailey's guitar among others.
    When? Last bid was two days ago and we've only just mentioned it.

eBay UK Item Bid History

I hope you're not telling porkies Cliphead?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Had a drink with Richard Branson, John Major and Paddy Ashdown but thats about it for me. I could include Jethro or Stu Francis but thats scraping the barrel.

I'd have bid for a meeting with Jones or Bannatyne up to about 5k, but neither one is a meeting.

I still want to be in a Bollywood movie. It's on my list of things to do before I die. The walk on part interests me, but Richard Curtis?? Nah.
    Bid for the Sue Perkins dinner meet and Bill Bailey's guitar among others.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Where's Minestrone when there's a chance to brag about money and make wagers? Did the chance of having to cough up scare him away?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Had a drink with MLF back in the First Tuesday days. Tempted by many so put in some realistic bids.
    Had a drink with Richard Branson, John Major and Paddy Ashdown but thats about it for me. I could include Jethro or Stu Francis but thats scraping the barrel.

I'd have bid for a meeting with Jones or Bannatyne up to about 5k, but neither one is a meeting.

I still want to be in a Bollywood movie. It's on my list of things to do before I die. The walk on part interests me, but Richard Curtis?? Nah.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I'm tempted with the 1hr meeting with Martha Lane Fox

VIP with Al Murray could be fun as well
    Had a drink with MLF back in the First Tuesday days. Tempted by many so put in some realistic bids.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just went mad with a few bids
    I'm tempted with the 1hr meeting with Martha Lane Fox

VIP with Al Murray could be fun as well

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    As I am now up listening to Radio 1 - therealcomicrelief items - Get great deals on Everything Else, Clothes, Shoes Accessories items on eBay UK!

Check out Twit Relief. Ebay Auction for Comic Relief.

Want Lilly Allen to follow you on Twitter, have James Corden pop over, watch Ruby Wax have botox, Win a walk in on a new film!????

Check it out
    Just went mad with a few bids

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    As I am now up listening to Radio 1 - therealcomicrelief items - Get great deals on Everything Else, Clothes, Shoes Accessories items on eBay UK!

Check out Twit Relief. Ebay Auction for Comic Relief.

Want Lilly Allen to follow you on Twitter, have James Corden pop over, watch Ruby Wax have botox, Win a walk in on a new film!????

Check it out

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The Beeb would have to pay to fill the airtime anyway, so I doubt any of the donated money is spent on the acts.
    Good point, didn't think of that. Just seemed a bit strange that they paid everybody for a charity gig.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    £200. Done

I don't care if it's Orphans, Africans or helping the Tsunami. I'm still getting by bloody Club Card points!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I did a fair bit of fundraising for red nose day over the years. That seemed to be wiped out after doing a live TV gig for red nose day with the band and a few months later receiving a cheque from the beeb for more than I'd donated in all that time.

That wasn't expected or wanted so it went to a good cause anyway. Just wonder how much of the money raised is spent on celeb appearances, expenses etc.
    The Beeb would have to pay to fill the airtime anyway, so I doubt any of the donated money is spent on the acts.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I did a fair bit of fundraising for red nose day over the years. That seemed to be wiped out after doing a live TV gig for red nose day with the band and a few months later receiving a cheque from the beeb for more than I'd donated in all that time.

That wasn't expected or wanted so it went to a good cause anyway. Just wonder how much of the money raised is spent on celeb appearances, expenses etc.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Will we arseholes.
    I said if they could mention midgets you'd pledge an extra £50

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Bloody impatient aren't you!

I'm doing the Chris Moyles show one. Just dropped them a line to say if they mention ContractorUK the brave boys and girls of CUK will match the £300.
    Will we arseholes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X