• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Olympics are cancelled!"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I recognise two of them from my last visit to Amsterdam. If only the other one would turn round I might recognise her too.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have today applied for tickets

beach volleyball women - Google Search
    The Dutch national womens beach volleyball squad regularly train at an artificial beach just 5kms from my house.

I couldn't find a view from the front, which says something about photographers;

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 16 March 2011, 11:18.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It's the same clock software they are going to use to time races and they are expecting lots of records to be broken.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied

I've suddenly got a craving for a large, stuffed döner.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Why don't you just google for what you really want:

Let me google that for you

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Women's Beach Volleyball

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Typical! What do the swiss know about making clocks?
    Or wheels of cheese.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    "The clock in central London which has been counting down to the 2012 Olympics has stopped, less than 24 hours after it started counting down"
    actually if that kind of thing carries on, we could be looking at the first ever sub-1-second 100m sprint.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    the Swiss-based Swatch Group
    Typical! What do the swiss know about making clocks?

As for them being cancelled. If only. The missus will be watching them on TV, morning noon and night and I will probably be blackmailed into actually going. I have managed to avoid attending any sports event since I saw Crystal Palace play Derby in 1963 and I still have nightmares about it.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    it is silly.

Right now, on my desk there's a bottle of Schweppes' Abbey Well, "official water" of London 2012. See, I hope you've not been drinking that unofficial bootleg water that comes out of taps and the sky.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    How is it even allowed to have single payment provider, ffs - in some foreign countries nobody got Visa because MasterCard so strong.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    WTF ???

What kind of setup is that?
    Visa are the official sponsers

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    The official website accepts only Visa cards,