• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Really big TV

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Really big TV"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    The proper contractor's answer is to pop down your local cinema having block booked all the seats in the director's lounge whenever you want to watch a film.
    No! The proper contractor's answer is to hire the full female cast of your favourite pron film to give a live show in your living room.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Get one of these and you need never buy a big screen TV ever again:

On FBI stakeouts they use a giant telephoto lens not much smaller than that.

Costs about £60,000, but I forget the model name. (Got a link on my PC at home if anyone is interested.)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Get one of these and you need never buy a big screen TV ever again:

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    The proper contractor's answer is to pop down your local cinema having block booked all the seats in the director's lounge whenever you want to watch a film.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's not like he has any friends to invite round to impress.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I2uQkGxIyk...00x498+mcs.jpg

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    But that's not a vulgar display of wealth, it's not going to impress anyone.
    It's not like he has any friends to invite round to impress.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Oh to have your lives of simple poverty.....
    Give it time...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Shut it Value Droid.

I know you peasants don't have these issues to worry about, but being rich presents it's own problems, like finding really big TV's, hiring staff, fixing leaks in the swimming pool, etc.

Oh to have your lives of simple poverty.....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Alternatively where does TV glasses technology currently stand? Totally immersive 3D TV plus 3D sound, for about 10 pence?

You can't see a thing if you've got no ears.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Cheapest way is to move the seating closer to the screen.

hyperD in "thinking outside the box" mode

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    I agree with the HD Projector if it's for a dedicated cinema room. Not very good for everyday use in the daylight, but awesome in a dedicated room, and good value for money...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You probably need to go with an industrial / commercial plasma panel rather than looking for a TV with tuner. If you have the money Panasonic will sell you a 152" one. If you don't, they do a number of smaller models. I saw the 103" one in Harrods or somewhere for around £50k IIRC.

TH-152UX1 | Product Information | Professional Displays | Panasonic Global

TH-103PF12 | Product Information | Professional Displays | Panasonic Global

TH-85PF12 | Product Information | Professional Displays | Panasonic Global

TH-65PF20 | Product Information | Professional Displays | Panasonic Global

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post

You're not paid to think outside the box, you must conform..

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The house I'm currently buying has a cinema room, with a 50 inch TV on the wall, but it looks a little lost on the big wall.

What's the biggest LCD/LED HD TV you can buy (not in some lab in Japan/Korea)?

Money of course, as usual, is no object.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X