• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Landlords visit tomorrow!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm paying nearly £2500 a month, but for that I get a massive 5 bed detached house in nearly 0.5 acre of gardens.
    I had garden in my previous place... I'd pay extra not to have it!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    £1000/month for one person, I hope you got a penthouse.
    More or less it is

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, I am paying now £1000 a month but when got off that boat I was just renting a wee room for like £40 a week or so...
    Seems a lot of money for a flat.

I'm paying nearly £2500 a month, but for that I get a massive 5 bed detached house in nearly 0.5 acre of gardens.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    £1000/month for one person, I hope you got a penthouse.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That works out at £300 per month for 14 years. If you spend £400 you can get a cardbox under Tower Bridge. Something to aspire to.
    Well, I am paying now £1000 a month but when got off that boat I was just renting a wee room for like £40 a week or so...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Not sure, but maybe around £50k in total over 14 years.
    That works out at £300 per month for 14 years. If you spend £400 you can get a cardbox under Tower Bridge.

Something to aspire to.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If it makes you fell better I spent that in 10 minutes buying the wifes A5 convertible, which is here now and looking very shiny in the sunshine.
    Yes, that was posted on milkmen.co.uk last week, they say it is a tad too small on the back seats.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If it makes you fell better I spent that in 10 minutes buying the wifes A5 convertible, which is here now and looking very shiny in the sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    How much have you paid in rent since arriving on a boat from Siberia?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How much have you paid in rent since arriving on a boat from Siberia?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    All is good.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Call yourself a contractor? Renting from a landlord? You should buy Prawn Towers in Swinedon......

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Very unlikely that you'd actually see it.
    Or hear it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    A helicopter seems to be circling outside, that's unusual...
    You don't need to start worrying until you see one of these appear:

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    A helicopter seems to be circling outside, that's unusual...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X