• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bristols

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bristols"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Wouldn't want to be run over by that.... all those angles.

Cars are curvy now for quite a few reasons.

My mate, who is a Doctor of Physics, reckons if they made a car with dimples all over the body like a golf ball the fuel consumption would improve enormously. but no-one would buy a car like that...

Mind you, this is the same man who scoured the plans for the USS enterprise (Star Trek one) and concluded there is only one toilet on it, and they must have some other way of evacuating their bowels etc and the real bog is for emergencies...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Here's the 412, looks like a Triumph Stag gone wrong...
    Wouldn't want to be run over by that.... all those angles.

Cars are curvy now for quite a few reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    If old tech then bring back this;

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Here's the 412, looks like a Triumph Stag gone wrong...

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That's probably because you're used to looking at vehicles that are mass produced. I was talking about the quality of the goods.

They are probably an aquired taste though.
    Seriously, it's like something from the 70's.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

This comes from a guy who put voluntarily into his profile that he is on a rug licking his balls...

With this sort of taste it is no wonder you like Bristols

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Seriously? I've got a headache after looking at the Bristol site. Those angles are not right. My eyes, my poor eyes.
    That's probably because you're used to looking at vehicles that are mass produced. I was talking about the quality of the goods.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied

Still it's rather telling that some of you don't recognise quality when you see it.
    Seriously? I've got a headache after looking at the Bristol site. Those angles are not right. My eyes, my poor eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, that car's design is sh*t. Range Rovers are good, just shame they are now owned by foreign country.

I quiet like it in this country because I don't have to pay attention to knuts who tell me to go somewhere else.
    Oh the ironing!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I refer you to my previous suggestion. If this country is such a sh!thole then **** off back to the stinking, corrupt place of your birth.

No, that car's design is sh*t. Range Rovers are good, just shame they are now owned by foreign country.

I quiet like it in this country because I don't have to pay attention to knuts who tell me to go somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Their cars look complete and utter tulip and I am pretty sure inside they are also 70s technology - it might soon be probably impossible to certify one of those due to too high emissions.
    I refer you to my previous suggestion. If this country is such a sh!thole then **** off back to the stinking, corrupt place of your birth.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Exactly. Imagine a million youngsters all shorting via a 2x inverse leveraged ETF the British economy with all their pocket money. We'd be laughing and they'd have pension fund by the time they were 14.

Western

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The biggest loss in all this will be the skills that the people at Bristol Cars Ltd currently have.
    Their cars look complete and utter tulip and I am pretty sure inside they are also 70s technology - it might soon be probably impossible to certify one of those due to too high emissions.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The biggest loss in all this will be the skills that the people at Bristol Cars Ltd currently have.

Oh well.

Last one out switch the light off.
    Shame to see this happen. I used to enjoy my time when at the "posh car place" and many of the skills these people had particularly in the coach building section will disappear.

As for switching off the light... everyone's gone already and the light is on a timer to give the impression that someone's still here.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Or short an index
    Exactly. Imagine a million youngsters all shorting via a 2x inverse leveraged ETF the British economy with all their pocket money. We'd be laughing and they'd have pension fund by the time they were 14.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X