• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Climate change

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Climate change"

Collapse

• landl
    replied
    I have a dog

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Incorrect. I'm only calling the usual CUK suspects morons, since they don't understand science and hence have no basis for debating AGW.
    And since you can't make the distinction between "every person" and "CUK village idiots", your logical skills are lacking too. Are you another CUK moron?

HTH, BIDI.
    My dog is a joyous and pleasant creature, but occasionally, through no fault of his own, the poor beggar will pick up a flea or two. I wonder if the thoughts of those irrepressible little bugs, and you have to admire their tenacity in what must be difficult circumstances, ever turn to the idea that they're controlling the direction and speed of travel of the forest of hair which they inhabit.

Much in the same way that some people may believe they are the driving intellect in a debate.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Incorrect. I'm only calling the usual CUK suspects morons, since they don't understand science and hence have no basis for debating AGW.
    And since you can't make the distinction between "every person" and "CUK village idiots", your logical skills are lacking too. Are you another CUK moron?

HTH, BIDI.
    Join us!

CUK Morons - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    SaSGoru is a well known CUK Pea-Brain. He is so far out of his depth, that there are fish swimming around him with funny little lights on their heads
    Did you do your homework? Read Kuhn and Popper yet?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by landl View Post
    Again Sasguru resorts to calling every person sceptical about the current state of the science in this field a moron. Intelligent discussion at its best. Very impressive. Your awe inspiring intellect leaves me aghast.
    SaSGoru is a well known CUK Pea-Brain. He is so far out of his depth, that there are fish swimming around him with funny little lights on their heads

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by landl View Post
    Again Sasguru resorts to calling every person sceptical about the current state of the science in this field a moron. Intelligent discussion at its best. Very impressive. Your awe inspiring intellect leaves me aghast.

HTH, BIDI.

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    Revert to type

Quite.
    Not that your post was really understood by these complete morons.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    WGAS. Fook orf, you silly little God-botherer!
    Exactly! Man controls the climate now, not some impotent god!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    WGAS. Fook orf, you silly little God-botherer!
    Last edited by sasguru; 3 March 2011, 12:15.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1291319

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    we will not be bullied or browbeaten any more

Yes you will be. You're too insignificant to start a rebellion.
    The AGW conspiracy will oppress and tax you to the hilt.
    You are the AGW conspiracy's Biatch.
    Now bend over and take what's coming to you like the gimp you are.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Tom Bruce-Gardyne on making wine in Scotland - Herald Scotland | Life & Style | Food & Drink

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Anyhoo, Northern Europe is predicted to warm most rapidly in winter, and before you jump in with the obvious knee-jerk response, I would point out that seven out of the last 10 European winters (and 10/10 summers btw) have been warmer than the long term average. Climate is like that. Long term.

Right so if I win the lottery and there's a Scottish Ski resort for sale, I should laugh and give it a wide berth, but if there's 200 acres of land for sale with the right soil, I should buy it, and plant grape vines and olive trees on it and cash in on selling fine scottish wines and olive oil.

At last, the science is useful!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sir Isaac Newton called - he wants his Clockwork Universe back
    Quite.
    Not that your post was really understood by these complete morons.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Whatever. You left off a link to the wiki article, here t'is. Global cooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Concern peaked in the early 1970s, partly because of the cooling trend then apparent (a cooling period began in 1945, and two decades of a cooling trend suggested a trough had been reached after several decades of warming), and partly because much less was then known about world climate and causes of ice ages. Although there was a cooling trend then, climate scientists were aware that predictions based on this trend were not possible - because the trend was poorly studied and not understood (for example see reference[11]). However in the popular press the possibility of cooling was reported generally without the caveats present in the scientific reports.
    An article in Time, another in Newsweek, couple of books. Perhaps the moral is 'Don't believe all you read in the press'?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    see, what you are failing to understand, is that some of us looked at that stuff at the time. It was the latest news to us.

we did not have hindsight , google, computers, or ready access to the literature. we didnt even have digital watches.

This was the latest truth. except it wasnt true.

So for people like me, who have lived through several cycles of your bullsh1t, you are going to have to persuade me, you are going to have to try a lot harder. we will not be bullied or browbeaten any more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X