• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car Insurance ruling re women drivers"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Over here you insure your car slightly differently. There's none of this occupation/sex/other driver/whatever malarky, you insure the car and the rate depends on the car (model, bhp, your mileage per year, where it is normally parked, etc.), your age, no claims and thats it. Therefore that means anyone can drive it if allowed
    Are you sure?

LadyCarOnline KFZ Versicherung für die Frau; Haftpflicht Teilkasko Vollkasko Schutzbrief

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Are you a female?

"a" female?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Over here you insure your car slightly differently. There's none of this occupation/sex/other driver/whatever malarky, you insure the car and the rate depends on the car (model, bhp, your mileage per year, where it is normally parked, etc.), your age, no claims and thats it. Therefore that means anyone can drive it if allowed

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post
    How will this affect the premiums of all those Hermaphrodites out there?
    They still keep their second driver discounts.

Leave a comment:

• StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff
    replied
    How will this affect the premiums of all those Hermaphrodites out there?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If you think they will cross you're bonkers, they will simply equalise the premiums at the higher price.
    But then free market competition will find the right level. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by emma411 View Post
    Assuming Insurance providers are keeping female premiums low because the risk is lower than men, and not because they feel nice towards women. I'l look forward to my premium coming down as the premiums for each gender cross somewhere in the middle of where they are now.
    If you think they will cross you're bonkers, they will simply equalise the premiums at the higher price.

Leave a comment:

• emma411
    replied
    Assuming Insurance providers are keeping female premiums low because the risk is lower than men, and not because they feel nice towards women. I'l look forward to my premium coming down as the premiums for each gender cross somewhere in the middle of where they are now.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Great, time to ask for a rate rise seeing as I work at 2 insurance companies

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Women have been moaning about discrimination in particular in the work place for years with enormous success. It is conveniently ignored that women and men are different, particularly with regards to having children being mostly more important on a woman's agenda than work. This is why women are paid less,why they tend to work in convenient jobs such as HR, and why they do not work as directors of boards of companies. yet they scream that they want it both ways-equal pay, equal opportunities, no discrimination at the prospect of them going off and having children.

Well now they have it both ways, they can have the same pay and they can pay the same as men for their f***ing insurance.
    Generalist but in some cases valid, my concern with it is the simple fact that we all will end up paying more & the only winners are the insurance

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No that´s ´groaning´, which is almost the same, but different.
    No, that's a sign you need to do something about that gut.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You just need to learn how to make them happy.
    No that´s ´groaning´, which is almost the same, but different.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Women have been moaning about nothing in particular with enormous success since the dawn of time.
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ftfy!
    You just need to learn how to make them happy.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But they can all have men doing them.
    And any man with sense who say is a "Chef" is going to call himself a "Cook" if it gets him lower insurance premiums. This trick you can already legally utilise and I do

Edited to say: My current insurer doesn't actually care about that they just class you in a skills category i.e. manual, professional, semi-professional
    Of course. But you're missing the point.

There will be a statisical weighting associated with jobs. Where they could be 50/50 then it wouldn't change, where there are more men (like computer programmer) then it would include the male weighting, where primary school teacher, then weighted towards women.

It will be inherent in jobs. Unless of course your unemployed.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Women have been moaning about nothing in particular with enormous success since the dawn of time.
    ftfy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X