• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Public Sewers!!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Public Sewers!!!!"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well at least aim for my ankles.
    Nice soundbite.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    An interceptor ? that sounds ace.

I can just imagine a squadron being scrambled at Manchester Ringway, 'what are we looking at ground control ?
    'Er , its an EO curry special. we have alerted the coast guard'

squadron leader -'gulp. we are too close for missiles boys, switch to guns'

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't want it to go over your head too much.
    Well at least aim for my ankles.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I don't want it to go over your head too much.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Methinks you doth protest too much.

Hope you had fun writing that, I shan't bother reading it. And I don't care if English teams are any good if you were thinking of trying to compare the two.
    Up your game peabrain.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Scottish League Teams don't play outside Scotland.

HTH

In actual fact, for a small nation of around 5 million, we have had 3 different teams win major European Trophies. (Celtic, Rangers, and Aberdeen)

England with around 45-50 million has only about 12 teams that have won major European Trophies. (Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Notts Forest, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds)

If you want to go down the statistical route, it actually could be argued that Scottish teams are more successful than English teams. 4 times the success with 9 times the population. Lies, damned lies, and statistics eh?

As for the national team, we have qualified for more major tournament Finals than pretty much any comparably sized nation.

Don't you just hate "facts"?

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Hope you had fun writing that, I shan't bother reading it. And I don't care if English teams are any good if you were thinking of trying to compare the two.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This thread is full of it.

For this reason I am out.
    Yeah alright..................Duncan!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    This thread is full of it.

For this reason I am out.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    You should probably book yourself in for a tetanus shot.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Blocked Sewer Update!!!!

Anyway, after slurping out the detritis that was lodged therein, it is now as good as ever it was. Should there be any problems in future then it will have been "adopted" by our Water Company by then, so all in all a Happy ending.
    You should probably book yourself in for a tetanus shot.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Blocked Sewer Update!!!!

Seemingly, the problem was down to a device called an "Interceptor". This is designed to prevent smells permeating back in the direction of the property as well as stopping large chunks of debris from flowing into the main sewer system and causing blockages there. Exotic sounding name for a chunk of terracotta poop filter.
    Anyway, after slurping out the detritis that was lodged therein, it is now as good as ever it was. Should there be any problems in future then it will have been "adopted" by our Water Company by then, so all in all a Happy ending.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

HTH

In actual fact, for a small nation of around 5 million, we have had 3 different teams win major European Trophies. (Celtic, Rangers, and Aberdeen)

England with around 45-50 million has only about 12 teams that have won major European Trophies. (Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Notts Forest, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds)

If you want to go down the statistical route, it actually could be argued that Scottish teams are more successful than English teams. 4 times the success with 9 times the population. Lies, damned lies, and statistics eh?

As for the national team, we have qualified for more major tournament Finals than pretty much any comparably sized nation.

Scotland isn't a nation. It's a rocky outcrop to the north of England.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Simple statistics proves the point, if we look at the success of either the Scottish national team, or Scottish league teams playing outside Scotland. Maybe SasGuru can help you with the numbers if you're struggling.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    How would you know though? You know jigger all about football.
    Simple statistics proves the point, if we look at the success of either the Scottish national team, or Scottish league teams playing outside Scotland. Maybe SasGuru can help you with the numbers if you're struggling.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    From someone who thinks Scotland have at least one good football team, that's a bit rich.
    How would you know though? You know jigger all about football.
    Did your imaginary friend put you up to this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X