• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: No petrol worries

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No petrol worries"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    That reminds me. Some bastard nicked by uni scarf in the Prospect of Whitby back in 1971. I want it back.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    FFS, yesterday night some tw@t nicked my coat in more or less empty pub with PAYG mobile in it

Yeah but it suits him and matches his trousers.

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    FFS, yesterday night some tw@t nicked my coat in more or less empty pub with PAYG mobile in it
    Hope the bast*rd receives a million calls from unwanted agents

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddy;1287860]
    They provide employment to locals, serve otherwise important function of delivering food, booze etc - you on the other hand just whine about how bad police is, well serves you right really. QUOTE]

AtW calls police:

“Help, there’s a mad man breaking into SKA and threatening to kill me”

“What is your name”

“Mr Chutneywantski”

“Address”

“10 SKA Buildings Brum”

“Have you telephone about this incident previously ?”

“You will need to come to the police station and get a crime number.”

“I get out the building, he wants to kill me.”

“Has he actually harmed you.”

“No, but he will do”

“We can’t do anything until he harms you”

“He’s just smashed the window”

“That’s a civil matter you have to sue him”
    And reply I've got a knife I'm going to stop him breaking in, and watch how quick a response you get

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sounds like you live in a wannabe, chav area. The crims are probably just mates of the people on the "estate".
    FFS move somewhere where upper middle class people live.

I moved a few months after. Tend to live near where the contracts are these days. Can rent somewhere nice for the price of a hotel if you know the contract is going to run for 6 months or more.

The estate was one of the better ones in the area which is why it kept getting targetted, as there were lots of expensive cars to take their pick of. The 'chav' across the road was some rich guy's son who unfortunately was too young to remember the original true Golf GTI, not the bland bloated versions of recent times.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Ah bugger! Sorry to hear that CH.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Unfortunate way to learn the lessons.

1. Never leave house keys where they are in a sightline from the doors or windows. I have a key near the door for emergency purposes, easy to get to, but very hard to locate if you don't know where it is. It's not accessible from the door without a really impressive fishing rod that can go round a few corners.
    2. Keep car keys in your bedroom and out of sight.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Like I do and get your house broken into and your car nicked

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    It does seem the more common approach to car theft is house burglary for the keys. A bit of a conundrum of how to protect your family and car while ensuring you're still insured if you leave the keys too easy to find.

Almost had it happen to me a few years back. Fortunately I'm a light sleeper so them making a noise climbing the side gate and down the gravel path woke me so I was downstairs by the time they tried breaking into the patio door. Unfortunately they spotted me and legged it before the cops arrived.

Around that time there were about half a dozen cars stolen from the estate yet it still took the cops ages to catch the gang despite the estate only having one entrance/exit via road. One guy had his R32 nicked, replaced it with another, then had than nicked. Cheeky sods.

At least it wiped the smug grin off the young twat across the road who had his golf gti nicked soon after trying to wind me up for not having a gti. After my close encounter I did warn him and said to empty his garage to keep the car out of sight but he didn't listen.
    Sounds like you live in a wannabe, chav area. The crims are probably just mates of the people on the "estate".

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddy;1287860]
    They provide employment to locals, serve otherwise important function of delivering food, booze etc - you on the other hand just whine about how bad police is, well serves you right really.
    Are you talking to me?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    [QUOTE=AtW;1287829]They provide employment to locals, serve otherwise important function of delivering food, booze etc - you on the other hand just whine about how bad police is, well serves you right really. QUOTE]

AtW calls police:

“Help, there’s a mad man breaking into SKA and threatening to kill me”

“What is your name”

“Mr Chutneywantski”

“Address”

“10 SKA Buildings Brum”

“Have you telephone about this incident previously ?”

“You will need to come to the police station and get a crime number.”

“I get out the building, he wants to kill me.”

“Has he actually harmed you.”

“No, but he will do”

“We can’t do anything until he harms you”

“He’s just smashed the window”

“That’s a civil matter you have to sue him”
    Last edited by Paddy; 25 February 2011, 15:46.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    If Tesco or Asda call them, they send five polices cars in seconds.
    They provide employment to locals, serve otherwise important function of delivering food, booze etc - you on the other hand just whine about how bad police is, well serves you right really.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    My bicycle was nicked a few weeks back, but it was only worth about £10.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Maybe if you were not such a tw*t when talking about police, they'd actually help you out...
    I actually have to pay a surcharge on top of business rates and council tax for extra police. But when they are called out it takes hours. If Tesco or Asda call them, they send five polices cars in seconds. And yes I have complained about the same

Leave a comment:

Working...
X