• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Luton's 28th Annual Beer festival"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    No plans as such but feel like a night out somewhere different soon. I worked in Farnborough in the 70's at a well known establishment there, used to drink in The Swan.
    I never venture over to Farnborough(well apart from tomorrow when I'm going to a Big Fat Gypsy wedding reception). Churchy reckoned he be over this way at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nope. Close though.

Why you heading down?
    No plans as such but feel like a night out somewhere different soon. I worked in Farnborough in the 70's at a well known establishment there, used to drink in The Swan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    You live in Farnborough, Hampshire MF?
    Nope. Close though.

Why you heading down?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Fantastic. That had to be Suity, Nick Fitz and Norrahe.

Classic.
    You live in Farnborough, Hampshire MF?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Cartoon
    Fantastic. That had to be Suity, Nick Fitz and Norrahe.

Classic.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    No Houston Brewery ales. Local place to me attached to an excellent pub & restaurant. Peter's Well closely followed by Killellan are among the best beers I've tasted. Only available around Newcastle outside of Scotland I think except for festivals.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    +1 for Dark Star's ales. The Oakham Ales Bishop's Farewell is worth a try. Purity's Pure Gold will inevitably be excellent too

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Wasn't planning to share. He can sleep downstairs.
    Don't be ridiculous. You'll be sharing the shed/gutter with Suity (and his curry).

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Anyone who likes ale spot anything they think I should try? Or a brewery that is known good?
    I think you will have a lot of good beer tonight, thats an awesome list they have on. I'm very jealous.
    I'm a big fan of the southern ales due to the harder water (unlike tea its a good thing for beer), and there is a serious representation from the south at that festival.

Some breweries and ales that get my approval:

DarkStar (one of my faves)
    Oakleaf (Nuptu Ale)
    Purity
    Rebellion (roasted nuts is a tasty pint)
    Tring
    Vale
    St Austell
    Brewdog (usually very very hoppy if you like that sort of thing, and you dont often see them on cask so you're lucky to see three!)

If I was there I would be venturing for some of the breweries I've not sampled from cornwall or devon.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Watch out though, hubby off to a beer bash, might come home sloshed and may not be agreeable to the idea of you sharing his bed and his wife.
    Wasn't planning to share. He can sleep downstairs.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Sorry Suity can't make it.

Funnily enough in Luton tonight. Popping round to shag some married bird I met online who's husband's funnily enough also going to a beer bash in Luton tonight.

Watch out though, hubby off to a beer bash, might come home sloshed and may not be agreeable to the idea of you sharing his bed and his wife.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Funnily enough in Luton tonight. Popping round to shag some married bird I met online who's husband's funnily enough also going to a beer bash in Luton tonight.
    he he I'm actually off to Farnborough

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

By an amazing coincidence...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X