• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Football Threads on this Forum"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    JUst back from the game and I am as pished as a fart.

I love it when we batter them and today we battered them.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Rangers are slipping behind a bit, aren't they.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Nice one. I'm Leeds but as Kingstonian are the closest team to me, they are the ones I go to.

You won't need me to tell you how much I want you to get a win.
    I thought Kingstonian had been taken over by AFC Wimbledon?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    I'm a Gillingham fan but have been a season ticket holder at Crawley Town for the past three seasons. Getting my reward on Saturday with a trip to Old Trafford that makes it all worth it.
    Nice one. I'm Leeds but as Kingstonian are the closest team to me, they are the ones I go to.

You won't need me to tell you how much I want you to get a win.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Now, you huns and tims have a nice weekend. Please keep the domestic violence and alcohol related crime to a minimum.

All us neutrals want a nice quiet Old Firm weekend

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    I'd have a drink with any of the Dhims on this site. They'd be buying of course.
    Ah yes, but for every fiver we spend you'd have to spend a tenner.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Better organise it for Giro day then......
    To be fair 2 Scotsmen in a bar, both would probably die of dehydration waiting for the other to buy a drink.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Oi you!! Get back to molesting that Mutton!!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Fair enough Incognito, but some of it can appear pretty vicious to neutral eyes.
    Whereas every other thread in general comes across as a right big love in.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    I'm a Gillingham fan but have been a season ticket holder at Crawley Town for the past three seasons. Getting my reward on Saturday with a trip to Old Trafford that makes it all worth it.
    Everyone outside the Home Counties wishes you luck.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I'd have a drink with any of the Dhims on this site. They'd be buying of course.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I don't think that's quite fair. I wouldn't class the banter we throw at each other on those threads as sectarian. Sectarian is the young Celtic lad getting his throat cut as he's walking home from the game just for wearing his scarf. Or the Rangers fan stabbed to death in a city centre pub by a Celtic fan for no reason other than he was a bear.

Too many people automatically label normal football banter as bigoted bile just because it involves Rangers / Celtic. I've seen and heard far worse stuff at a Man U / Liverpool game or a Tottenham / Arsenal game.

Fair enough Incognito, but some of it can appear pretty vicious to neutral eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Actually threads 'die' of their own accord when no one bothers replying in them and they fall off the first page.

Sectarianism is what keeps the Scottish football threads alive.

HTH
    I don't think that's quite fair. I wouldn't class the banter we throw at each other on those threads as sectarian. Sectarian is the young Celtic lad getting his throat cut as he's walking home from the game just for wearing his scarf. Or the Rangers fan stabbed to death in a city centre pub by a Celtic fan for no reason other than he was a bear.

Too many people automatically label normal football banter as bigoted bile just because it involves Rangers / Celtic. I've seen and heard far worse stuff at a Man U / Liverpool game or a Tottenham / Arsenal game.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If not wanting to watch ruby was an infallible sign of being a homo, the UK population would have dwindled to almost zero about fifty years after William Webb Ellis first picked up that football.
    Would have got rid of the soccer woofters though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X