• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who else didn't buy the other half a Valetines gift?"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    DP - I just snorrted tea out of my nose!!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sent her this card in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Got an email Valentine from a Hong Kong lass.

Please no! She never! shuts up! Someone described her as like a waterfall.

Phew! She's sent it to all her male colleagues, Yank style.

Lucky escape there...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    If he's anything like the big, strong fella I hired to clean the carpets in a house a couple of years ago, I can see why your Missus has her eye on him.

Yeah, it's knackering.

Leave a comment:

• the_rangdo
    replied
    All one big commercial waste of time/money. Even the kids at school are buying teacher a card/gift now FFS, I had to explain to Mini-R last night it's not another Xmas event when she wanted to know where her present was

Me and Mrs R celebrate our wedding anniversary, Valentines is just another day.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Took the Mrs to B&Q and hired an industrial carpet cleaner.

She didn't tell me that's what she wanted but I picked up on the hints.
    If he's anything like the big, strong fella I hired to clean the carpets in a house a couple of years ago, I can see why your Missus has her eye on him.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Took the Mrs to B&Q and hired an industrial carpet cleaner.

She didn't tell me that's what she wanted but I picked up on the hints.

Leave a comment:

• monobrow
    replied
    I got home from work about 2000.

My wife had a piece of dry bread and a shop bought Sushi box ready for me.

She put our daughter to bed.

about 2100 we watched a programme on Viruses.

2200 went to bed.

who said romance was dead?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    2 bunches of long stem lilies and a mixed bouquet picked up on the way home

Then I went to training and got back late as 2 people were grading and the class overran

Leave a comment:

• configman
    replied
    You should all consider yourselves very lucky, I have to remember 2 Valentines days as my wife is Chinese and they have a version of Valentines Day later in the year. Its not easy getting a dozen red roses in China but I did it. I'm just recoverring from 2 new years, and Chinese New Year they buy presents too - thank God for contracting this is costing me a fortune.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Bought the wife a printer/scanner..........through the company.......and she liked it

Next year I'll try for a decent torquewrench.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

have a double

thank you dear, I'm not bothered as we never do valentines anyway.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He can't do Valentines with you and his wife can he. :
    I sent him out as I have a hot date for valentines.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    No cards, no flowers, no presents and Mr N has b*ggered orf out for the evening.
    He can't do Valentines with you and his wife can he. :

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    No cards, no flowers, no presents and Mr N has b*ggered orf out for the evening.

have a double

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I'm sure AtW will turn up soon to try the 'cry on my shoulder and I'll feel your tit' routine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X