• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gorgeous

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gorgeous"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I agree that everyone's entitled to their own taste in cars, with notably few exceptions I prefer the British sports cars (classic and modern) to their German, Italian or Japanese counterparts. It's the general styling and lines I think. Obviously that's a very sizeable generalisation though.

American muscle cars don't appeal a lot to me either.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    That explains a lot.
    I'm entitled to my opinion.

Everyone bangs on about the E-type but the shape looks all wrong and out of proportion.

I like the 1957 Corvette

E-type looks all wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Those inboard rear disk brakes are a bitch though.
    I didn't really play with the running gear, mostly engine, gearbox and the electrics which needed a LOT of work.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I never liked the look of the E-Type either.
    That explains a lot.

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I helped to restore a hard top E type some years back, I admit I really like the model.

It's a bit of a shame Jaguar is now Bob owned.
    UK Brands Now Owned by Foreigners

There is nothing left, that is British Owned now anyways.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Just remembered - Top Gear featured a souped up version in one of their shows:

And a snip at £250,000 including the "renovations".

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Just remembered - Top Gear featured a souped up version in one of their shows:

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    A good friend has a series 1 E-Type roadster with the rare factory hardtop which makes it look rather lovely. The downside with E-Types is they aren’t much fun to drive round town as there is always the urge to go faster.
    Last edited by The_Equalizer; 9 February 2011, 16:12.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The E type convertible is IMO the quintessential 60s sports car and one of the best looking cars ever made.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The soft tops look much nicer than the hardtops IMHO.

The full roof really detracts from the lines of the car, I think.
    I like them both although I've never been a big fan of ragtop cars.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    The soft tops look much nicer than the hardtops IMHO.

The full roof really detracts from the lines of the car, I think.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I helped to restore a hard top E type some years back, I admit I really like the model.

It's a bit of a shame Jaguar is now Bob owned.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I never liked the look of the E-Type either.

All owned by Bobs now anyway. May as well get misty eyed over a Kia for all the relevance to New Britain.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    I never much liked the E-Type, but that XK at the end of the slides . . . . Now that's gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Gorgeous

Gorgeous

Linky.

Shame it is no longer a true British company.

Working...
X