• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Neil Young RIP

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Neil Young RIP"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    ...but I wish he'd quit his liberal lefty drone once and for all.
    he's not always liberal left. he has, on occassion, been reactionary right. he can drone both ways.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Not a lefty but didn't he write a song that had a dig at Lynnyrd Skynnyrd for being rednecks or something? I seem to recall they responded with the excellent Sweet Home Alabama.
    neil young wrote southern man (from after the goldrush) and then alabama (from harvest) after which lynnyrd skynnyrd retorted with sweet home alabama (from second helping). there was no animosity between ronnie van zandt and neil young. in fact van zandt was a huge neil young fan. he's wearing his favourite t shirt (with an image of neil young's tonight's the night album) on the cover of street surviors. iirc neil young sang sweet home alabama at a concert in tribute after the lynnyrd skynnyrd aircrash.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Man City recently played in their old AC Milan away kit in his honour. Now I know why.

Leicester never did win the FA Cup after four finals.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I have the album on my iPod. In fact, "Heart of Gold" is my favourite.
    'Tonight's the Night' is mine - takes some effort to listen to it tho!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Just for you, pacharan

I have the album on my iPod. In fact, "Heart of Gold" is my favourite.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Just for you, pacharan

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    'Southern Man'...or was it 'Alabama'?
    "A Man Needs A Maid" - Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Not a lefty but didn't he write a song that had a dig at Lynnyrd Skynnyrd for being rednecks or something? I seem to recall they responded with the excellent Sweet Home Alabama.
    'Southern Man'...or was it 'Alabama'?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Didn't know he was a lefty. Songs were Crappo the Bear anyway. The real ancient celebrity tragedy this week is P J Proby being arrested for benefit fraud.
    Deport the f*cker!

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Thank tulip for that I thought you meant the real Neil Young

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Didn't know he was a lefty. Songs were Crappo the Bear anyway. The real ancient celebrity tragedy this week is P J Proby being arrested for benefit fraud.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    No, not that one (and I nearly said unfortunately) - not that I'd wish death on anyone, but I wish he'd quit his liberal lefty drone once and for all.

No, this is Neil Young the footballer from the last time Man City had a half decent side. Can't be bothered to post the link but its in the Guardian.
    I ken what you mean, as a big Neil Young (the Artiste) fan, and not much of a Massives fan I'm tempted but any death is to be lamented, unless it's Hitler or Stalin or Julian Clary, so stek 'Button your lip, don't let the shield slip....'

Paranoid Eyes...

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    started a topic Neil Young RIP

Neil Young RIP

No, not that one (and I nearly said unfortunately) - not that I'd wish death on anyone, but I wish he'd quit his liberal lefty drone once and for all.

No, this is Neil Young the footballer from the last time Man City had a half decent side. Can't be bothered to post the link but its in the Guardian.

Working...
X