• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Red Nose Day - March 18th"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I did a gig on live TV for Children in Need a few years back, two songs networked to the whole of UK. Fine, went well, did our bit etc. Was a bit shocked to receive a cheque from the beeb a month later for a four figure sum, not for the whole band just me. Wonder what the big name bands and artists got paid, so much for a charity gig.
    There's money in helping the starving....look at how much Geldof is worth - a tulipload more than the other Boomtown Rats!!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's rather dark for you MP. Well done
    I'm insulted - I'm the princess of darkness?!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Not sure stroke victims will welcome my chit chat but what can they do?
    That's rather dark for you MP. Well done

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Not much use for me, I'm about as techy as a carrot. Not sure stroke victims will welcome my chit chat but what can they do?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Sitting in a comfy chair drinking espresso, the only dirt on your hands is from melting chocolate on your biscuits

Question to all: which would you rather give away, an hour of your time or an hour of your rate?
    An hour of your time or a fiver which ever is more.

So it be will be a fiver then.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I worked for Citizen's Advice as a volunteer until the contracting got in the way. Very rewarding work and to be recommended if you have the time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    MP, Wilmslow will volunteer to be your "stroke victim".

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Volunteering time & skills

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    An hour of my time. I want to try a bit of voluntary work this year
    volunteering (in IT)

Projects while benched

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I'll probably donate a few quid. It's for a good cause and you get a good evening's entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Sitting in a comfy chair drinking espresso, the only dirt on your hands is from melting chocolate on your biscuits

Question to all: which would you rather give away, an hour of your time or an hour of your rate?
    An hour of my time. I want to try a bit of voluntary work this year; I had no idea what sort of thing to look at until my mate mentioned she is going to work with stroke victims and asked me to go with her. Talking to them to help them recover, or something.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I've got my hands dirty earning the money.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Poor workmen ;-)
    A bit of background to that gig. I had joined the band two days previously and we'd managed one rehearsal. The band was made up of members of other big name bands and put together as a temporary exercise but we stayed together for years anyway and still meet up for the occasional gig.

The live broadcast from the beeb studios was surreal to say the least, we'd had a soundcheck earlier in the day which went well. As it was broadcast no sound went front of house so the audience couldn't hear us despite how it looks, a floor manager was conducting the response. We had no sound from the monitors on stage so we couldn't hear ourselves and being all acoustic for that gig didn't help. You'll see me glancing along the lineup looking for visual clues as to timing.

All that plus hairspray and makeup although the gals in makeup were superb, a story or two there...

The party afterwards was the highlight jamming with the other bands that were doing the same live performance that night, if that had been broadcast or even recorded it would really be worthy of a YouTube moment.

Beeb sound guys are crap.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Poor recording;

Poor workmen ;-)

A few years ago you said. I was thinking 2007/2008. 14 years. Time flies hey!
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 3 February 2011, 19:58.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Where's the YouTube link?
    Poor recording;

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I did a gig on live TV for Children in Need a few years back, two songs networked to the whole of UK. Fine, went well, did our bit etc. Was a bit shocked to receive a cheque from the beeb a month later for a four figure sum, not for the whole band just me. Wonder what the big name bands and artists got paid, so much for a charity gig.
    Where's the YouTube link?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X