• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Side Effects - or rather, Backside Effects"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

'Yep, sorry once again. Look, why don't you try standing upwind of me?' - General Custer, at his last stand.
    <Jethro>
    My granddad was killed at Little Bighorn - He wasn't actually in the battle, he was camping in the next field and went over to ask them to keep the noise down.
    </Jethro>

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I see. A problem with the pace car.

Not seen that one before - good spot!

Leave a comment:

• The Central Scrutinizer
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Anybody else here on stuff like beta blockers, statins, blood thinners, ACE inhibitors, and all that malarkey?

They seem to be playing merry hell with my bowels, usually when I least expect it. Is that standard procedure? Does it become less unpredictable over time? Can anybody recommend a good dry cleaner? (I suspect I might need one soon if things carry on like this.)

I would ask a medical professional, but I prefer to leave them to deal with those who have serious problems. Therefore, the floor is open to the medical wisdom of CUK
    i have to take them as a result of a heart attack but I have (even after the Clopidogrel was withdrawn) remained firm and maintained a sold consistency and colour - regular as well

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I concur with RichardCranium: homebrew makes the ablutions more tolerable. No more pile-bursting straining while you give birth to a bowl breaking brick with the density of Osmium. Sideways.

Statins can give you muscle ache at high doses (> 60mg) - grapefruits not recommended.
    I see. A problem with the pace car.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Oh dear.

I'm sure NickFitz was seeking sympathy, rather than explosive belly-laughs --> --> -->

Have a NF (and I promise not to squeeze too tight!)

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I concur with RichardCranium: homebrew makes the ablutions more tolerable. No more pile-bursting straining while you give birth to a bowl breaking brick with the density of Osmium. Sideways.

Statins can give you muscle ache at high doses (> 60mg) - grapefruits not recommended.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    'Yep, sorry once again. Look, why don't you try standing upwind of me?' - General Custer, at his last stand.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Dennis, cancel ones engagements, one has such a bad case of the Brads I will surely be King for the day. - Margaret Thatcher 1981

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    'adapt, survive and keep your bum clean' - Field Marshall Montgomery 1944

'a clean nipsy in bowel loosening moments, is what differentiates us from the Hun' - Winston Churchill 1941

'I always found the Australian notes to have superior absorbability' - EO 2009

Tae avoid a fright, keep the chod bin in sight - Rabbie Burns 1790

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    A clove of garlic every day will solve ALL your problems.

I remember back in 1984, I had a particularly bad cold. Two weeks of taking garlic cloves and amazingly my cold had gone.

If thats not evidence enough, In 1992, whilst sitting my university finals, I was suffering from particularly bad exam stress. I remembered the garlic wonder cure and started taking it again. Roll forward two months and hey presto, my exam stress had completely disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

'a clean nipsy in bowel loosening moments, is what differentiates us from the Hun' - Winston Churchill 1941

Always use quality loo roll to avoid a "hull breach". - Queen Mum 1999

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    There are those who argue for a return of National Service in the expectation that a stint in the Army will make men from boys, put the troublesome onto the path of the straight and narrow and generally 'sort one out'.EO, you've never really recovered from your time in the Forces, have you?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Nick,

I've got no idea what you're on. I'm on all sorts of stuff which all have pretty tulip side effects.

To combat the gastric saide effects and ensure I don't spend all day in the dry cleaners I was prescribed a proton pump inhibitor, specifically Omeprazole. Works for me. It's commonly used to combat gastric side effects, but for quite a few people it doesn't work. Of course it has its own side effects in some users which can be troublesome.

Omeprazole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A wonderful drug, I used to get fist-clenching pain gastro problems at night, this has sorted it out although I need to lose more weight as gastro problems are normally weight related.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Anybody else here on stuff like beta blockers, statins, blood thinners, ACE inhibitors, and all that malarkey?

They seem to be playing merry hell with my bowels, usually when I least expect it. Is that standard procedure? Does it become less unpredictable over time? Can anybody recommend a good dry cleaner? (I suspect I might need one soon if things carry on like this.)

I would ask a medical professional, but I prefer to leave them to deal with those who have serious problems. Therefore, the floor is open to the medical wisdom of CUK
    Hey there TubGirl

One bit of advice for a man in your predicament.

Never trust a fart. They will only betray you.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X