• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Junkie defends himself online"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    This topic is always fun when it comes up.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So deciding to break the law is the mature thing to do?

Surely the mature thing to do is stop breaking the law, and not partake of activities which need you to break the law?
    Not everybody believes that the law is perfect and our lives are too short to wait for the day when attitudes might change to better suit us.

One hundred years ago I could quite legally have gone to a pharmacy and purchased laudanum, and I probably would have gone through plenty of it. Now, I am only allowed alcohol and nicotine and there are plenty of voices that want to stop me from taking the nicotine.

My friends that take controlled substances would never touch heroine, the one that did is dead. My issue is that total prohibition results in the supply being dubious and people being ignorant of how to minimise risk.

Have you ever broken a speed limit when driving? What is the difference between that and the consumption of controlled substances?

But back to the original topic of this thread, yes the bloke is an idiot for drawing attention to himself but I don't suppose that he is in any position to hire someone like Max Clifford to advise him how to handle the situation.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Actually I repped you! I was going to post but had to shoot off.

You are either an idiot, for stating that the guy and anyone for that matter who takes drugs is a junkie. The term junkie is someone who is addicted to heroin.
    Try a dictionary.

Having known somebody who was addicted and who died
    My best mate in school joined the Army; that's where he was introduced to heroin. I wanted him to be my Best Man when I got married at 28 but it was not to be.

I still miss him.

So I know where you are coming from.

I am appalled at your misuse of it for someone who is involved in recreational drug usage.
    Cannabis can fukc up your head; especially if there is already an underlying problem. Sadly, the last government chose to suppress that report.

There are more people addicted to smoking and drinking then have ever been addicted to drugs!
    That is not an argument for legitimising other substances.

Therefore on your premise you are an idiot!
    Why? I choose not to break the law to service my chemical needs.

Or, you are a troll.
    Whatever.

You purposely created the thread specifically to troll the forum.
    No, I didn't. It was to take the piss out of an idiot who got himself a criminal record and then went online to complain about it being reported.

In either way the comments are idiotic!
    My taking the piss out of the idiot in the paper has nothing to do with the friend you lost. Actually, the more anyone argues cannabis is a drug of choice, the bigger an idiot he is for moaning about being prosecuted for growing the stuff.

I am well aware heroin is not a drug of choice. I have also cried over how it can take over and steal a life.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Oh, stupid me.

Of course, Soupy is winding me up. And I fell for it.

Well done. <insert slow handclap smiley>
    No I am winding you up and you fell for it.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• MayContainNuts
    replied
    In reference to the anonymous -ve rep I have just received:

Please, simply explain to me why someone who has got himself a criminal record growing illegal drugs to service his drug use is not a junkie.

I'm not the idiot here - it is the twat in court that is the idiot. Nor am I the troll, it was the twat that was in court that has a criminal record that objected to the local paper reporting the fact that he is drug-addicted criminal.
    Actually I repped you! I was going to post but had to shoot off.

You are either an idiot, for stating that the guy and anyone for that matter who takes drugs is a junkie. The term junkie is someone who is addicted to heroin. Having known somebody who was addicted and who died I am appalled at your misuse of it for someone who is involved in recreational drug usage. There are more people addicted to smoking and drinking then have ever been addicted to drugs! Therefore on your premise you are an idiot!

Or, you are a troll. Definition : In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.

You purposely created the thread specifically to troll the forum.

In either way the comments are idiotic!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Yer but he's learning
    Oh, stupid me.

Of course, Soupy is winding me up. And I fell for it.

Well done. <insert slow handclap smiley>

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Part of the trolling wind up (take it from me) is to make you story believable.
    Yer but he's learning

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    You've still not convinced me.

He is so driven by his need for a drug that he has got himself a criminal record.

That kind of need is an addiction He is a drug addict. A junkie is a drug addict.

If you choose, for political reasons, to exclude some of the drugs from the definitions according to your own personal values, that does not change the facts nor the law.

He is a criminal because of his need for his drugs. What's that if not a junkie?

Part of the trolling wind up (take it from me) is to make you story believable.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Please, simply explain to me why someone who has got himself a criminal record growing illegal drugs to service his drug use is not a junkie.

I'm not the idiot here - it is the twat in court that is the idiot. Nor am I the troll, it was the twat that was in court that has a criminal record that objected to the local paper reporting the fact that he is drug-addicted criminal.
    OK ok I'll bite.

This lad is just an idiot. Probably some weird kind of dope snobbery going on that the stuff from the dealers is crap so I'll grow me own hard core tulipe...

Brags about it in the pub, someone overhears, thinks what a knob, pulls a few strings, outs him in the local rag and he gets his just desserts.

Let me guess, part of his court order is to take whatever the skunk equivalent of methadone is to ween him off. Don't think so.

Not an addict, more of a bell end IYAM.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Really, how unfair

I got loads of +ve for my posts
    That'll be MF's love letters.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Have you been at the "Droopy" again dude?
    Not yet. But clearly I might need to.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Really, how unfair

I got loads of +ve for my posts

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Have you been at the "Droopy" again dude?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

Thread: Junkie defends himself...
    Wow! What an idiot or troll?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Very
    Schmoke and a pancake?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Or unlucky for getting busted.
    Very