• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "An important question for the men on this forum"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in tut rain.
    Bloody southerners.

In't rain lad.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    'Spunking a pony on a wholemeal bap' is the kind of practice that has left many a public schoolboy traumatised for life...
    ... and so gave Britain an empire.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    but I still wonder - why does Old Ma Peggerty need an entire basket full of bread? Is she a binge eater? Is she training a sparrow army? Is she hoarding it against the mightly floods she's read about in the Old Moore's Almanac? 'tis a mystery.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    but I still wonder - why does Old Ma Peggerty need an entire basket full of bread? Is she a binge eater? Is she training a sparrow army? Is she hoarding it against the mightly floods she's read about in the Book of Revelation? 'tis a mystery.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in tut rain.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The one with the androids in?
    YouTube - Hovis 'Bike' advert 1973 (Britain's favourite TV ad)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    'Spunking a pony on a wholemeal bap' is the kind of practice that has left many a public schoolboy traumatised for life.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    For clarity, "spunking a pony" is merely Londonese for "frivolously spending £25". I really can't imagine what you all thought it meant.
    I was wondering the other day about the origin of the phrases grand, monkey, score and so on. Although I am from London, I've always thought pony meant crap (pony and trap).

Anyway, the best that google can turn up is that grand is actually an Americanism that was introduced during WWII and monkey allegedly comes from an old 500 rupee banknote that had a picture of a monkey on.

I also learned that Ridley Scott directed the hovis advert. It's brilliant this internet thing.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    There was a hippy girl at poly that we called wholemeal baps. Can't think why.
    Aaah yes the bap jokes and references are a plenty round at ours. This is definitely one of the perks of bringing in your own.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I'm eating mine now..

Brie & salami in a brown wholemeal bap. With Morrocan chicken soup from Pret
    There was a hippy girl at poly that we called wholemeal baps. Can't think why.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm eating mine now..

Brie & salami in a brown wholemeal bap. With Morrocan chicken soup from Pret

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    This post disturbs me.
    what, because I love cheese so much? I am only as God made me.

For clarity, "spunking a pony" is merely Londonese for "frivolously spending £25". I really can't imagine what you all thought it meant.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Homemade sandwiches FFS?!!!!
    Standard contractor economics. If you're filling in hourly timesheets, you want to get back to billing ASAP.
    On £50/hour, spend your lunch hour at the local steakhouse and you're down the price of 1 steak. Spend it eating a sandwich for 15 minutes and working for 45, and you're up the price of 2 steaks.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    A manager in an old workplace of mine always seemed the same, mega tight, I eventually found out he had 6 kids and that was the reason he was so skint.
    He should give up work, he'd be loaded.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Homemade sandwiches FFS?!!!!

Which 2-bit tulip-hole firms do you lot work for that don't have attached restaurants (and no I don't mean crappy "canteens ") with good chefs to provide excellent 3 course meals at lunch time?
    And if you don't have that there must be some decent restaurants around unless you live in some tulip-hole area.

Sandwiches, my arse.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    SPUNK! Pony Semen Imports Ltd

Possibly NSFW.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X