• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Zionist plot sickens"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian
    Free speech doesn't mean the freedom to say whatever you want without impunity, though.

Our right to free speech has to be tempered with others' right to a peaceful life
    That's exactly what it does mean. Freedom only to say what is inoffensive is not worth having.

You coont.

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Free speech doesn't mean the freedom to say whatever you want without impunity, though.

If I walked up to you and called you all the C***ts under the sun, you'd probably deck me, and would probably have a good defense that my "free speech" was provocative and offensive.

Our right to free speech has to be tempered with others' right to a peaceful life
    So Ken robbed the journalist of the right to a peaceful life? Like feck he did!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    My mate Dave, went to chat with a cop leaning up against a riot van in Doncaster town centre late on a Friday night and asked, "You can't do anything to me for what I'm thinking..."

Cop said "No Dave," (the cops all knew Dave you see), "We can't stop you from thinking anything you want."

"So", says Dave "If I think you're a c**t, you can't do anything about it?"

"No, we can't".

"That's great, 'cause I think you're a c**t."

Cop laughed, turned to his compatriots in the van, they all laughed, then he punched Dave really really hard.

Oh, how we laughed.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    First I'd like to say that I despise Ken Livingstone.

Now I was wondering if any of you "heard" the interview in question?

I managed to find an original recording of this and the most interesting thing is that you notice that the reporter is harassing his interviewee rather than questioning him. Then when he makes his "blunder" the reporter says that he is offended but what is most noticeable is that he doesn't sound the remotest bit offended - he sounds "overjoyed" as he goes on to say he is Jewish.

Frankly this affair looks like the work of an under-talented hack who unable to report news of any interest has resorted to making it, and I'd like to get to hear if any survivors of the Holocaust think its OK with them for 3rd rate Jewish hacks to use their suffering in the furtherment of their career?

Its a whole load of spin that worryingly shows how the press can slap down elected officials whenever they feel like it, odious that they may be.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    .... in a country which allegedly places so much value on free speech.

If I walked up to you and called you all the C***ts under the sun, you'd probably deck me, and would probably have a good defense that my "free speech" was provocative and offensive.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    Would you care to back up that statement?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...717563,00.html

"Livingstone: "What did you do before? Were you a German war criminal?""

There's plenty of other races that have had war crims....

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    [QUOTE=ALM]
    Originally posted by Mailman
    OK, have it your way, lets assume he knew he was Jewish. Ken compared the way he was doing his job to the way in which a Nazi camp guard followed orders. So fecking what?! He's Jewish so we can't mention the Nazi's in any way, shape or form?! That's just ridiculous. It's a bit like saying you can't mention nuclear technology when speaking to the Japanese. I think ken was an idiot for making the remark in the first place. However, suspending an elected official for a such a trivial remark is outrageous in a country which allegedly places so much value on free speech.
    I agree.

Given that the reporter pointed out that he was Jewish, that does imply that Red Ken was not aware of the fact beforehand. Or maybe he can spot a Jew. Pointy nose, beard, cackle as he counts his sheckles. Or are those unpleasant racial sterotypes. Something tells me they are.

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    [QUOTE=Mailman]
    Originally posted by ALM
    Yeah, the reporter and Ken knew each other from previous run ins they have had Mailman
    OK, have it your way, lets assume he knew he was Jewish. Ken compared the way he was doing his job to the way in which a Nazi camp guard followed orders. So fecking what?! He's Jewish so we can't mention the Nazi's in any way, shape or form?! That's just ridiculous. It's a bit like saying you can't mention nuclear technology when speaking to the Japanese. I think ken was an idiot for making the remark in the first place. However, suspending an elected official for a such a trivial remark is outrageous in a country which allegedly places so much value on free speech.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    He's deliberately offended someone using racial slurs,
    Would you care to back up that statement?

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Arse...he knew who he was talking to and knew his comments would cause massive offense.

FFS, this guy is a "politician", if he cant handle the heat he should get out of the kitchen and let someone else get on with ruling London with an iron fist!

This would never have happened if Ken had either kept his yap shut OR just decked the bugger!

By turning this in to a comedy fest Islamic Ken has just shown himself to be more of an arse than we already knew he was.

Mailman

I didn't expect a tit like you to make sensible comments and I was not disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    Nonsense. I dont think he did. Follishly, he compared the reporter to a Nazi concentration camp guard. He didn't glamorise the holocaust or attack jewish people at all. The suspension he's received is outrageous. It seems that, regardless of the context, just mentioning the holocaust is a crime worthy of punishment. What the feck happened to free speech!?

Ummm, yes he did. Did you miss the part where the journo told him he was Jewish and the remarks were offending him, and Ken said he didn't care?

The suspension doesn't go far enough, imo. He's deliberately offended someone using racial slurs, refused to apologise on a personal level to the man, lied to the public by allowing a false statement claiming the journo was rude and abusive to be released from his office, and mislead the Council by claiming that it all relates to the Daily Mail supporting fascism in the 40's and 50's (if so, Mr Livingstone, why did you work for the Group in the Nineties??).

Mandelson/Blunkett et al have all been sacked/demoted from their positions for far less.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    [QUOTE=ALM]Nonsense. I dont think he did. [QUOTE]

Yeah, the reporter and Ken knew each other from previous run ins they have had

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    foolishly

Does being a grammer / spelling Nazi offend any minorities?

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Arse...he knew who he was talking to and knew his comments would cause massive offense.
    Nonsense. I dont think he did. Follishly, he compared the reporter to a Nazi concentration camp guard. He didn't glamorise the holocaust or attack jewish people at all. The suspension he's received is outrageous. It seems that, regardless of the context, just mentioning the holocaust is a crime worthy of punishment. What the feck happened to free speech!?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    Oh for goodness sake. He was making the point that the reporter was behaving like a concentration camp guard i.e. blindly obeying orders. Clearly he considered a concentration camp guard as an example of bad employment. It's not as if he said "I really really approve of concentration camp guards. We need more of that kind of person."

So what we have is a paper routinely harassing him, and when he gets riled and responds, he's slapped down, much to the delight of the Evening Standard.
    FFS, this guy is a "politician", if he cant handle the heat he should get out of the kitchen and let someone else get on with ruling London with an iron fist!

This would never have happened if Ken had either kept his yap shut OR just decked the bugger!

By turning this in to a comedy fest Islamic Ken has just shown himself to be more of an arse than we already knew he was.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X