• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Syed from the Apprentice is IT Agent"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    Syed .... your fired

Syed... yuff ired

the game is up, where is IT Agent nowadays????

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sounds like he should get a job at the IR.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    The term for people like him is Activator. He gets out and makes things happen.
    I would have said Parasite. He gets out and comes between those who do and create things (Engineers) and those who make things happen with that work (Businessmen), and makes his living by siphoning off some of the wealth created by others.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    The country is full of people like Syed... that is why TV has actually resorted to making programs such as The Apprentice and its siblings. And why Alan Sugar actually makes money.... stupidty and lies are one natural resource that is being nurtured in this country.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Alan Sugar doesn't give a toss about lying to the public ('cos that's how the money's made). What he does give a toss about is lying to Alan Sugar ('cos that's how the money's lost).

That's why he won't hire hire Syed - he can't trust him in words or actions.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Being an Activator does not prevent anyone from being other things as well.

For example, Tony Blair is a c*** but also an, um, ... actually, he's just a c***.
    Tony Blair is a c*** with poor judgement, but he's one of the best communicators I've seen and he CAN drive things, misguided as they are.
    He's basically driven rings round the Tories - hopefully till now.
    That's what makes him dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    No the term for people like him is backstabbing twat.
    Being an Activator does not prevent anyone from being other things as well.

For example, Tony Blair is a c*** but also an, um, ... actually, he's just a c***.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The term for people like him is Activator. He gets out and makes things happen. The whole world would be a duller and less developed place if everyone were Technical Tims and no Activators.
    No the term for people like him is backstabbing twat.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes, some of you techies need to be a bit more like Sugar/Syed.

I'll get me coat

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master
    Sugar called Doon a "Technical Tim" a couple of weeks ago, which made me titter.

Thing is, although he would never hire him, Sugar secretly admires people like Syed and, after all, without him the show would be a duller affair.
    The term for people like him is Activator. He gets out and makes things happen. The whole world would be a duller and less developed place if everyone were Technical Tims and no Activators.

Leave a comment:

• xodia
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    It transpires he is the same oily sh1t who used to work at Computer Personnel.
    Strangly enough I thought he sounded like a IT agent

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Sugar called Doon a "Technical Tim" a couple of weeks ago, which made me titter.

Thing is, although he would never hire him, Sugar secretly admires people like Syed and, after all, without him the show would be a duller affair.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    "Doon, what is it exactly that you do?"

"I plan, Sir Alan. I plan and plan and plan and plan. I refuse to do that nasty selling thing like Syed over there."

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    And what does that tell us about Sir Alan?
    We've got him sussed around here already:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread6283.html
    Last edited by NoddY; 25 April 2006, 22:36.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    A fruit & veg seller, I thought at the time.....He is right at the bottom of the very deep barrel that is IT Recruitment.
    Syed was a complete tosser with absolutely no team skills whatsoever
    Syed is a bulltulipter that should have stuck to being a waiter in the East End. Or at his current job as a recruitment agent.
    syed ... he's a lying git

I enjoy Syed's weasily excuses, his self-promotion, his upsetting the applecart. He won't win because he makes too many mistakes, but I know Alan Sugar likes him.
    And what does that tell us about Sir Alan?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X