• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pret A Manger Shepherd's Pie Soup"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Friend
    ¦
    ¦
    V

Fat boys --> <-- Tubby herder
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 19 January 2011, 12:24.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What in God's name do they put in that stuff! It was like something had crawled up my arse and died.

Been informed that if I ever have it for lunch again I am not getting back in the house.
    A quality lunchtime read.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    How can you walk past a Greggs to get to a Pret?
    Greggs are no longer the Fat Boy's Friend™. They've gone really downhill.

Favourite now is the Pound Bakery. Everything Greggs used to be, with the added bonus of "everything's a pound".

Get in!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Weren't Tescos planning on selling a Lasagna Sandwich.
    With chips in? Om nom nom.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Wot, no Spud-U-Like?
    <waynetta>

It's egg-zotic!

</waynetta>

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    There seems to be a bit of a trend in the food industry at the moment for re-presenting stew / pie filling as a soup. Had a goulash one myself the other day and it was minging.
    Ironically, without the processed food industry probably realising, traditional goulash (gulyás or gulyásleves) is actually a paprika spiced soup rather than the "mince with a few peas and leftovers thrown in" offering we normally expect.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If I am in town the choices for a quick lunch are Marks, Somerfield, Sainburys, Pret, Boots, Greggs, Phill Pots or any of the independant sandwhich shops which seem to be staffed by people in unwashed tabards.

Pret comes out as one of the better ones to be honest.
    Wot, no Spud-U-Like?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    If I am in town the choices for a quick lunch are Marks, Somerfield, Sainburys, Pret, Boots, Greggs, Phill Pots or any of the independant sandwhich shops which seem to be staffed by people in unwashed tabards.

How can you walkpast a Greggs to get to a Pret?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There seems to be a bit of a trend in the food industry at the moment for re-presenting stew / pie filling as a soup.
    Sounds like a way of getting rid of failed pies; instead of throwing them away or selling as pig swill, chuck them in a big blender then sell to idiots.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    There seems to be a bit of a trend in the food industry at the moment for re-presenting stew / pie filling as a soup. Had a goulash one myself the other day and it was minging.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Their products are overpriced crap therefore they seem to be all over london like a rash.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I can't understand how that chain and Eat are so popular. Their products are overpriced crap yet they seem to be all over london like a rash.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    What in God's name do they put in that stuff! It was like something had crawled up my arse and died.

Been informed that if I ever have it for lunch again I am not getting back in the house.
    Are you sure Wilmslow hasn't crawled up your arse and died?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Weren't Tescos planning on selling a Lasagna Sandwich.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X