• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "There's my evenings ruined"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Ban on the sale of cheap alcohol - Telegraph

Supermarkets, shops and pubs are to be banned from selling alcohol below a minimum price for the first time, under Coalition plans to be unveiled today.

How much is a bottle of meths these days?
    Homebrew, Mr Prawn, homebrew. Not like the old student days of producing fermented dog urine, some quality stuff nowadays for less than 40p a pint, all in a few weeks. Vacuum distillation of the brewing liquor, that's the secret as well as the use of proper brewing yeasts.

Actually got a nice barrel of Woodforde's Nelson's Revenge sitting there for later....mmmmm....

So far I've got three friends doing homebrew after sampling... but don't tell too many people otherwise the Righteous will start to ban/tax/fix price it.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    How on earth can anyone seriously put this forward as an option? Didn't someone in the committee at some point raise their hand and say "excuse me, but won't these proposals make absolutely f***-all difference at these levels?"

Everyone involved in coming up with this proposal should have their pay docked for the time they've wasted coming up with it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The limit is something like 40p on a can of beer or £10 on a litre of vodka. Nothing good is that cheap, normally. Only supermarket super-deals on 24cans for £10 which works out as 40p, and those are rare.

What happens to the extra money? Supermarkets just get to sell for more and keep the extra?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    P&O ferries happy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Don't dandelions make you wet the bed?
    I tried that excuse on a teacher when he asked me to go and pick some from the playing field to give to the schools pet rabbit - not that I thought it did, just that I didn't want to go out picking sodding dandelions for a sodding rabbit.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    No no no, definately not.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Time to start making dandelion wine again.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Time to start making dandelion wine again.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Fixed prices. That does not sound too communistic does it?
    Not at all. I'd expect cheap vodka under communism.

(And I was expecting Victory Gin under New Liebour.)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    At least we have got rid of Labour and it's nanny state.

State control of prices would never happen under the Tories.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Fixed prices. That does not sound too communistic does it?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic There's my evenings ruined

There's my evenings ruined

Ban on the sale of cheap alcohol - Telegraph

Supermarkets, shops and pubs are to be banned from selling alcohol below a minimum price for the first time, under Coalition plans to be unveiled today.

How much is a bottle of meths these days?

Working...
X