• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Napoleon Dynamite

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Napoleon Dynamite"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    sunshine cleaning is also enjoyable

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What's so "top" in it? It's a movie for kids, and certainly not top 1000 of the best movies in that category.

Avatar on the other hand is a solid good movie from director who is a plagiarist: Terminator, Titanic and now Avatar.
    Fixed That For You.
    Last edited by Clippy; 16 January 2011, 14:11.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    that one about the kids pagents, I forget the name.
    That would be Little Miss Sunshine, which is also brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was not working so went to see it the day it opened and there was only 3 people in the cinema.

I normally do not laugh out loud at films, very rarely but when his uncle got whacked by the steak...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The movie is either great or "top" or it isn't. Budget is secondary thing here (unless you the guy who finances it).

It's a pathetic second rate kids Z-rate movie that should never even be mentioned on the same page as Avatar.

HTH
    Avatar is dross. The only redeeming feature is the 3D so if you watch it on TV, it's a 2nd rate story that could have been told in 30min.

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    In style it had that 'dreamy' quality like "Ghost World" with Thora Birch and Scarlet Johanson. I loved that movie Napolean Dynamite its about a sensative, creative dork who befriends another dork to help his political lost cause and risks total humiliation to win the hearts and minds of the high school school voters. (a bit like Cameron and Clegg).

Napolean's brother as the unlikely 'hottie puller' is also hilarious.

"Its a Liger, its a cross between a lion and a tiger.".

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

HTH
    Not really... Your opinion on film is obviously worthless to me.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    My opinion is the best.

I liked the film. Quirky, funny and engaging.

If you liked it, try Juno, King of California and that one about the kids pagents, I forget the name.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    It is one of my favourite films, and much better than Avatar. Avatar has nobody getting electrocuted by a time machine they bought off Ebay, no Rex-kwan-do, and no competitive milk-tasting scene AT ALL.
    If you get it on DVD, make sure you keep it running to the extra scene at the end.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Quick edit there dude. Compare the budget
    The movie is either great or "top" or it isn't. Budget is secondary thing here (unless you the guy who finances it).

It's a pathetic second rate kids Z-rate movie that should never even be mentioned on the same page as Avatar.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Bizarre and funny. I loved it.

"You guys are retarded!"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Good film, different and funny but not stupid. I don't think it's a kids' movie.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Vote for Pedro

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Avatar on the other hand is a solid good movie from director who managed to consistently do great movies in different categories: Terminator, Titanic and now Avatar.
    Quick edit there dude. Compare the budget

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    What's so "top" in it? It's a movie for kids, and certainly not top 1000 of the best movies in that category.
    Top as in excellent. Review of English language skills needed Alex?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X