• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weightloss not going well"

Collapse

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you are that obese it will.

Voice of reason once again!

Tone

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    FTFY

A few little walks won't sort out your average CUK puddingbelly.
    If you are that obese it will.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think it would make a massive difference if you went from a totally sedentary lifestyle to walking a couple of miles a day. People used to be much less obese historically, and that was when people didn't go jogging or work out or any recreational exercise in general. They had to walk around more and ate less crap.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Good advice all round...

Lucosade = suger.

Just drink water instead.

Forget the gym.

My advice - buy a big vicious dog and run away from it, twice a day everyday - no excuses.

Tone
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    That figures, it is the new rehydrating electrolyte low calorie one I think??

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Good advice all round...

Lucosade = suger.

Just drink water instead.

Forget the gym.

My advice - buy a dog and walk it, twice a day everyday - no excuses.

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    That figures, it is the new rehydrating electrolyte low calorie one I think??

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Ditch the Lucozade. How many calories are you taking in while exercising?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Ditch the Lucozade. How many calories are you taking in while exercising?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'd be fit as a flea if it wasnt for this damned leg.

got it in the war you know. fighting the japs. In Borneo. Damned crafty blighters those nips

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Not really. Plenty of tea, and a bottle of lucosade sport when I excercise.
    Unless you are doing a long strenuous exercise session or one in heat you don't need the lucozade sport, water will do fine. If you are on diet you may as well not drink something with extra calories in that you don't need to. Even if you do need it, you don't actually need to drink most of the bottle unless it's something like 25 degrees. If you find you are flagging you should look at your diet and when you eat your meals/snacks before exercise.

Oh the 2 litres of water a day thing is a myth as it includes everything with fluid in that you eat and drink during the day. So while caffeinated drinks count in the amount of fluid you consume in the day, you should cut back on the tea as loads of caffeine isn't good for you and may increase your appetite.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Yep, but what makes up the weight? A muscular person will be quite heavy, but a fatty might be much lighter; if you want to know about fat percentages you need to do weigh someone in and out of water, or get a professional to do an electrical impedence measurement (the home impedence meters tend to underestimate.

I'd say that it's better to just keep yourself fit; I know a few people who are rather chubby but physically fit, and plenty of thin people who aren't.
    I agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Good advice Chubs.
    Worse thing is I've been so busy I haven't even been able to do any cage fighting. That coupled with the fact I sold my Playstation.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The biggest danger in overweight is fat around the internal organs, this becomes life threatening. The use of liposuction will remove some fat and make a person thinner but the fat around the critical organs still remains. Weight is important.
    Yep, but what makes up the weight? A muscular person will be quite heavy, but a fatty might be much lighter; if you want to know about fat percentages you need to do weigh someone in and out of water, or get a professional to do an electrical impedence measurement (the home impedence meters tend to underestimate.

I'd say that it's better to just keep yourself fit; I know a few people who are rather chubby but physically fit, and plenty of thin people who aren't.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    whs

The tape measure is always more important than the scales, whatever some charlatans tell you about BMI.
    The biggest danger in overweight is fat around the internal organs, this becomes life threatening. The use of liposuction will remove some fat and make a person thinner but the fat around the critical organs still remains. Weight is important.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X