• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The Italians win hands down again. Here’s the current female presenter of ‘Linea Verde’, their version of Countryfile. Worth getting Rai Uno on the cable just to take a look;

I get a bunch of Italian channels. Even their game and chat shows can be, ahem, entertaining.

I don't understand a word of Italian, but it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Sysman; 11 January 2011, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    So which is she Lezza or Tranny ?
    Nothing to stop her being both.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've got a hunch why Michaela Strachan was sacked

FFS ROFL!!!! I laughed so loud at that all the office wanted to look leaving me having invoke my right of silence so as not to incriminate myself so making it blatantly obvious I was looking at external sites in work time.

Thats funny as ****. My first coffee on the screen moment for days!!

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Julia is a member of the LGBT community.

Her Wainright's Walks series was fantastic.

It inspired me to head to the hills clad in multicoloured cagoulery and upbraid those selfish, inappropriately attired individuals putting our already overstretched emergency services at risk of further inconvenience.
    So which is she Lezza or Tranny ?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Good for you and Malc.

Personally, I’d still prefer to spend a weekend getting muddy with Elisa Isoardi.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    that Bradbury woman.

Her Wainright's Walks series was fantastic.

It inspired me to head to the hills clad in multicoloured cagoulery and upbraid those selfish, inappropriately attired individuals putting our already overstretched emergency services at risk of further inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    The Italians win hands down again. Here’s the current female presenter of ‘Linea Verde’, their version of Countryfile. Worth getting Rai Uno on the cable just to take a look;

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I've got a hunch why Michaela Strachan was sacked

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    A triumph of sense over sex discrimination and other shallow sexisms:

BBC News - Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

But on reflection do we really need to see old women on TV just for the sake of 'fairness' and why have they booted out Michaela Strachan, as she is still quite hot? What's her face from Newsnight is also quite hot and getting on a bit. I believe the modern term is 'MILFs'.
    She's an air-head, with regards to her being "hot", you need your eyes testing.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What were they thinking by employing her in the first place:

wtf

It isn't radio ffs.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If they’re going to go through all this trouble they could have done better than that Bradbury woman. Is Liz Bonnin looking for more work?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    She was told in November 2008 she was being dropped after working for eight years as a freelance presenter on the show.
    Looks like we can all now claim compensation for ageism against any client that doesn't give us an extension.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    started a topic Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

A triumph of sense over sex discrimination and other shallow sexisms:

BBC News - Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

But on reflection do we really need to see old women on TV just for the sake of 'fairness' and why have they booted out Michaela Strachan, as she is still quite hot? What's her face from Newsnight is also quite hot and getting on a bit. I believe the modern term is 'MILFs'.

Working...
X