• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

You're not endearing yourself to the CAMRA contingent
    It's cask from Oop North, not 'John Smiths' keg rubbish. Not the world's greatest pint but half decent for £1.99, better than Wetherspoons.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Norrahe - pint of Sam Smiths bitter is £1.99, lager and other stuff isn't much more.

You're not endearing yourself to the CAMRA contingent

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Netraider View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse for a wake if you ask me.
    I'll be back ! It just suits me for now, I've been working away from home for 7 months and I'm pooped, and the Mrs is equally knackered looking after the kids on her own during the week. It gets me back home without putting myself voluntarily back on the bench. The difference between perm and contract money is not what it used to be and the contractor mindset won't be going anywhere. The reasoning sounds good in print anyway

Norrahe - pint of Sam Smiths bitter is £1.99, lager and other stuff isn't much more.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Is there usually a sticky with the venue ? I'm in Londinium for 3 more weeks so may make an effort.

It is also my last 3 weeks as a contractor, going Perm after a 14 year run. So obviously I won't be visiting the website after that, unlike some other permies on here

For boozing purposes, The Blue Posts, Newman St is good, super cheap half decent ale on.
    Sounds like a good excuse for a wake if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Is there usually a sticky with the venue ? I'm in Londinium for 3 more weeks so may make an effort.

It is also my last 3 weeks as a contractor, going Perm after a 14 year run. So obviously I won't be visiting the website after that, unlike some other permies on here

For boozing purposes, The Blue Posts, Newman St is good, super cheap half decent ale on.

and thrice

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Netraider View Post
    New 6 month contract in London. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some of the London Posse drinks.

for the both of us.

First contract in Central London (Farringdon) for me, so can make an effort to meet up for drinks on the way home.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Weekly drinks should be resuming as of next week

(venue tbc)

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Weekly drinks should be resuming as of next week

(venue tbc)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Congrats

If you find a good central pub, spacious, fairly quiet, not too packed on a weekday evening, and a reasonable ale selection, close to tube (as long as it's not Upminster or somewhere!) we're open to suggestions

I wondered about the Phoenix Arts Club in Charing Cross Road, It's free before 8:00pm, but you have to be a member (@ £50 p.a.) to get in later.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    top man. well done

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment: