• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is everyone doing tonight?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I just stayed in and had a great big

Leave a comment:

• RowleyBirkinQC
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Rowley Birkin lives!
    <brrrrrraaahh>

Mmm? Poisonous monkey.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I just stayed in and had a great big

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I should have put a backdoor in the forum software when I had the chance, but I doubt I can persuade admin to install a new plugin at this late stage without inviting suspicion

I managed to sneak in a cron job when admin wasn't looking.

Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What a mupp (although I was fairly pissed)
    Rowley Birkin lives!

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Watched quite a good film I'd downloaded
    when I ejected the DVD
    DVD? You should get one of these:

Popcorn Hour - Networked Media Jukebox

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Watched quite a good film I'd downloaded called Unstoppable.

All the way through there was a quiet background chatter from Radio 5 Live, apparently about the most annoying people of 2010.

As there were a couple of British actors in the film, and it had a psychiatric theme and the main character had mental issues from his time serving in Bosnia, I assumed this sound effect was intended as some novel, avant guard technique to indicate voices in someone's head and issues with reality and so on, and in fact it seemed to match the characters' dialogue quite well in a surreal way.

But to my surprise when I ejected the DVD the Radio 5 dialog continued, and then I noticed the film had been made in 2004, and the radio was indeed playing through the amp.

What a mupp (although I was fairly pissed)

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Is it just me or is Cools a tad carp this year?
    Nope it wasn't you. And I was gutted at Daltrey doing an impersonation of Muddy Waters. I went to bed after that, as I'd lost interest.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Is it just me or is Cools a tad carp this year?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    and completed!

But we appear to have run out of booze. Is 6 bottles of wine excessive for 4 adults???

To the offy!!!
    I assume that's 6 bottles each. If not you're a serious amateur.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I will be embarking on the cooking in approximately 45 minutes..... Still checking the rules out on charades (come on 2011 )
    and completed!

But we appear to have run out of booze. Is 6 bottles of wine excessive for 4 adults???

To the offy!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I can smell burning. MF - is that your cheese sauce?
    I will be embarking on the cooking in approximately 45 minutes..... Still checking the rules out on charades (come on 2011 )

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I can smell burning. MF - is that your cheese sauce?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Out on the streets later tonight with a pair of latex gloves, chloroform & a knotted rope.

Looking for a new girlfriend.

Wilmslow.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Off now to a quietish party for a couple of hours. Then on to a slightly less quiet party until midnight. Then when people start actually d*ncing I shall slope off home to read my book before bedtime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X