• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worst actors of our time"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Didn't you see that film in which he appeared talking back to clips from old black and white films? Thought that was an absolute hoot.
    Dead Men don't wear Plaid!

HTH

And yes, it was pretty good. Also liked Planes Trains and Automobiles, although that was more down to the irrepressible John Candy RIP.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Anyone suggested Kevin Costner yet?

He's firmly round the U bend in my book.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nick Cage. Boresville.

If I see he is in a film I won't watch. Worst actor of all time.
    Yup, definitely. I'm amazed that he still gets offered roles after such a long run of appalling, cringe-worthy films. How does this keep happening?

Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise have to be the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Just being yourself (in his case a total tw@) isn't acting in my book, so no, it isn't 'good' acting.
    The identical character he plays in most of his films isn't his real-life personality. In real life he's grumpy and an arse, not a harmless fop. IIRC he said About a Boy is more like his real self... which is also probably the film I'd say he's best in.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Wow, a Google search on Richard E Wotsizchops didn't come up with any matches or even any suggestions.
    Ah, I see, still referring to Grant. On a vaguely related note, I hear Liz Hurley is single again Can't speak for her acting.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Didn't you see that film in which he appeared talking back to clips from old black and white films? Thought that was an absolute hoot.

I personally can't abide anything with that South African Richard E Wotsizchops off of Withal and I. Sadly that means I am precluded from watching any remakes of the old classics as he always seems to have a lead role in them.

I sat down to enjoy A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and was reaching for the remote after just 2 minutes because it was HIM AGAIN !!
    Wow, a Google search on Richard E Wotsizchops didn't come up with any matches or even any suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Steve Martin. I don't think he's a bad actor, just his films are never funny. At all.

I personally can't abide anything with that South African Richard E Wotsizchops off of Withnail and I. Sadly that means I am precluded from watching any remakes of the old classics as he always seems to have a lead role in them.

I sat down to enjoy A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and was reaching for the remote after just 2 minutes because it was HIM AGAIN !!
    Last edited by gricerboy; 30 December 2010, 10:06.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Leonardo Di Caprio!

Oh and I also agree with most of the other peoples suggestions.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 30 December 2010, 02:44.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I can't believe I'm the first to mention possibly the worst, the most wooden, the most talentless "I've only got one character; the floppy haired, bumbling' upper class English twit".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . HUGH GRANT.
    some of us are trying to ignore the fact he's actually made films

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    At least he admits it though. And he plays that character quite well, so as long as they put him in the right films isn't that good acting?
    Just being yourself (in his case a total tw@) isn't acting in my book, so no, it isn't 'good' acting.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    At least he admits it though. And he plays that character quite well, so as long as they put him in the right films isn't that good acting?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    I can't believe I'm the first to mention possibly the worst, the most wooden, the most talentless "I've only got one character; the floppy haired, bumbling' upper class English twit".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . HUGH GRANT.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Roger Moore

Worst Bond ever...........naff shade of orange too!!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Hayden Christiansen without a doubt. He is slightly less animated than the table this laptop is sitting on.
    Nevertheless, I enjoyed Jumper

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nick Cage. Boresville.

If I see he is in a film I won't watch. Worst actor of all time.
    WHS+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Leave a comment:

Working...
X