• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MS-DOS Games Suggestions?"

Collapse

• petergriffin
    replied
    Best MS-DOS game:

FORMAT C:

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Dune 1
    Dune 2
    Civilization!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ultima Underworld.
    And II as well, many happy hours...

Leave a comment:

• Vanilla
    replied
    Syndicate
    Midwinter (Microprose)
    The Kings Quest remakes in VGA
    Codename:Iceman
    Quest for Glory 1/2/3
    F19 Stealth Bomber

Can't tell i'm a closet Sierra gamer at all

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ultima Underworld.
    Prefered the second one's story line but both are great. While we are on the subject of Ultima's try Ultima VII (and VII Part II) which can be run in Windows, OSX, Linux and other platforms using Exult.

Other great DOS games include:

Stunt Car Racer
    Test Drive
    Accolade Grand Prix
    Microprose Formula One Grand Prix 2 (although 4 is quite good I have fond memories of this one)
    TFX
    Gunship 2000
    Jane's Longbow II
    Mechwarrior II
    Microprose
    Double Dragon
    Super Off Road (3 player multiplayer)
    Last edited by redgiant; 23 December 2011, 10:33. Reason: Added a few more sims :)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ultima Underworld.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I used to enjoy a 1st person shooter game called Descent. I remember being pretty gob smacked at the graphics when I put in the a Voodoo 3D card in my PC under Win 95. The Voodoo card went in a PCI slot and it used a pass through cable to take the graphics from the 2D card. Cool in it's day, kind of.

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    What is DOS?
    Quick call Dr DOS

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    Get Ur-Quan Masters .. its free and its a brilliant Space/RPG game. Almost the precursor to Mass Effect on the Xbox.

The Ur-Quan Masters - News

Made in America by Accolade I think it didn't reach the UK or had poor distribution here.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Elite
    +1. Started playing it again 2 years ago and it's stood the test of time.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    You can still get Eastern Front and Western Front for the PC (Well the Talonsoft versions anyway), they run on Windows 7 ok

Or try Company of Heroes for something more modern

The former look too dry and the latter too arcadey. Maybe a PC version of Risk will do.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    What is DOS?
    At one point there were two of them...... maybe even three.
    Last edited by RSoles; 22 December 2011, 15:47.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    When I was a lad me and an uncle used to play Eastern Front (1941) on my Atari at Christmas, in the back room away from all the earache of gabbing relatives and crap TV.

I never did beat the computer (who played the ruskies), though I suppose that makes it realistic as the krauts never won either.

Is there any comparable strategy game on the PC from modern times? Seems they're all shoot em ups or graphic driven, or too hard to get into.
    You can still get Eastern Front and Western Front for the PC (Well the Talonsoft versions anyway), they run on Windows 7 ok

Or try Company of Heroes for something more modern

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    What is DOS?
    'Two' in Spanish.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied