• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How low can you go?"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It was -10 last night according to the BBC but their internet weather service is as reliable as Heathrow's snow clearing operation.
    According to the Beeb, we've had thick fog all day.

Unfortunately, the glorious sunshine from the clear blue sky has been too dazzling for me to be able to see the fog.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    15°C here, but I've got the heating on now. I think it's about -1°C outside but that's not going to stop me galoshing to the offy for some mulled wine.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Maybe we should have a Dunstable meet-up?
    Gawd - what are all these people off the internet doing in my town?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I live close to Dunstable, down the hill not far from the Travellers' Rest.

-10 at my place too.
    Maybe we should have a Dunstable meet-up?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm just about to go out and rod a drain. Probably be splatted in crap in 10 minutes. The joys.
    Think how HAB feels.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    -8.5 on Sat night I think. However cold it was the water supply to the west wing of Moorfield Towers has frozen and will probably not thaw until after Xmas now.
    I'm just about to go out and rod a drain. Probably be splatted in crap in 10 minutes. The joys.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    -14 in Northern Nottinghamshire in the week before last. This is according to the outside temperature reading on the dash of my car.

We still have large areas of ice on the road that haven't thawed since the last big snowfall.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Got down to -20 here a couple of weeks ago.

It was -10 last night according to the BBC but their internet weather service is as reliable as Heathrow's snow clearing operation.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    -10 degrees last night here in urban (ish) Dunstable.

Lowest in the 15+ years I've been here
    I live close to Dunstable, down the hill not far from the Travellers' Rest.

-10 at my place too.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    The weather ap on my phone said -15 in Manchester this morning.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    -8.5 on Sat night I think. However cold it was the water supply to the west wing of Moorfield Towers has frozen and will probably not thaw until after Xmas now.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    -12 here at the moment.

The planned meetings this afternoon and tomorrow down South cancelled, telecon will have to do

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    -9.5 on the way in this morning

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    -12 in Baltic Wilmslow this morning at 6am. Rose to a tropical -4 on the M62 summit, back down to -7 in Bradistan.

Wilmslow was -17.5 at the last big freeze, so still a long way to go this year!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    This year, -8 so far
    Last year, -17
    2008/09 went down to below the -20 limit of my weather station thing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X