• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hangovers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hangovers"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    And staying offline when pissed is another lesson I'll never learn. Hey ho.
    Yes, guilty of that myself. It's times like those that I think it would be useful if the CUK authentication screen came with a breathalyser device.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    P*ssed already RC?
    I was referring to yesterday. I've had nothing but tea today, but I still feel dehydrated and I've still got the sore throat from snoring all night.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Oops.

I really must remember to not drink so much, and so fast, on an empty stomach and also remember drinking more beer instead of eating food is not a valid substitute.

But then, I have been failing to remember that for nearly 30 years so I don't suppose there's much likelihood I ever will.

P*ssed already RC?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Oops.

I really must remember to not drink so much, and so fast, on an empty stomach and also remember drinking more beer instead of eating food is not a valid substitute.

But then, I have been failing to remember that for nearly 30 years so I don't suppose there's much likelihood I ever will.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Urrrrggggh, my Christmas drinking is writing cheques my body can't cash

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Yes, the spare liver has certainly been put through its paces the last week. Although the part of my brain that was sensitive to hangovers has long gone, it's my guts that suffer the most, especially with homebrew. It sounds like a horde of fighting ferrets under my t-shirt this morning.

I say this morning, tulip, it's already the afternoon...ok, who activated the tachyon field?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Christmas hasn't even started yet and I've already endured such a sustained period of heavy drinking that I need a body transplant.
    Good man

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    A pint or two of good ale will sort you out, a binge followed by complete abstinence will make you feel like tulip so let your body down gently.

Of course you need to stop at some point!
    I might have a bloody mary if they have them, other than that it will be diet coke or water.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'm off for sunday lunch in a bit
    A pint or two of good ale will sort you out, a binge followed by complete abstinence will make you feel like tulip so let your body down gently.

Of course you need to stop at some point!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    My head is fine, if a bit fuzzy. It's everything below that is crumbling. My stomach is eating itself, my digestion is reminiscent of a horror movie soundtrack, my liver has given up, my kidneys ache and I think I have gout.

I'm off for sunday lunch in a bit

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    started a topic Hangovers

Hangovers

Christmas hasn't even started yet and I've already endured such a sustained period of heavy drinking that I need a body transplant.

Working...
X