• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quiet for Recruitment Agents at the Moment?"

Collapse

• billybiro
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I've always wondered what would be involved in making the switch and having a technical background..
    There's a Plan B for someone right there. Put these $h!t-flinging, box-shifter types out of business, where they belong.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I also did'nt realise that there are so many contractors that are so full of their own self importance.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    WFBS, though I've had a few false starters recently, going to all the effort of interviewing and then pulling the plug, but the phone calls are coming in about real live roles.

Am surprised, as this time of year is usually dead.
    Good luck, long may it continue, I've just been extended to June 11 so it might be boomed time again by then! (I hope).

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    use your contractor war chest and have extensions/implants.

HTH
    That won't be in place for a few months yet...

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    There must be somoene I can sue if that's the case
    use your contractor war chest and have extensions/implants.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Can't be a pimp I'm afraid. Ask Dodgy, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get far without a trendy Hoxton quiff.
    There must be somoene I can sue if that's the case

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    What if I don't have hair?
    Can't be a pimp I'm afraid. Ask Dodgy, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get far without a trendy Hoxton quiff.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    You need to know about shiny ties, and have a never-ending supply of hair gel. Not qualities common in techie folk.
    What if I don't have hair?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I've always wondered what would be involved in making the switch and having a technical background..
    You need to know about shiny ties, and have a never-ending supply of hair gel. Not qualities common in techie folk.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Technical people do not want to work in recruitment. Those that do don't seem to last long anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I've always wondered why IT departments use non technical agents to recruit technical staff

Why is this? Why why?!
    Technical people do not want to work in recruitment. Those that do don't seem to last long anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    I find this signature of yours entirely bumptious.

To look at the logical extremes of this supposition, which is more attractive/useful to a client?

An agent with no candidates, or a candidate with no agent?

You guys seem quite happy to dish it out but it seems that some of you just can't take it back.
    I am quite surprised that you need to take it so seriously (inwardly I am delighted). I also did'nt realise that there are so many contractors that are so full of their own self importance. On the back of this I might just increase the margin to more "justifiable" levels.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Actually, for me I've had more calls about seemingly genuine contracts starting in the New Year than I've ever had. After a quiet 2010, things do seem to be improving, at last.
    WFBS, though I've had a few false starters recently, going to all the effort of interviewing and then pulling the plug, but the phone calls are coming in about real live roles.

Am surprised, as this time of year is usually dead.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by billybiro View Post

To look at the logical extremes of this supposition, which is more attractive/useful to a client?

I've always wondered why IT departments use non technical agents to recruit technical staff

Why is this? Why why?!

Leave a comment:

• billybiro
    replied
    And by the way - the agent isn't taking 21.5% of your rate - you're taking 78.5% of his/hers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X