• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: A slice of history

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A slice of history"

Collapse

• PRC1964
    replied
    That is a great collection of films. The British Council is one of the great unsung British institutions.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    "General Election" showcases a popular young, up-and-coming D-Day veteran MP named John Profumo.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Hey Halo

Send my very best regards to BGG, his diplomatic views are very much missed in this childrens play pen of a forum recently..

Chef

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Is it just me or do you imagine tounges with that one?
    Depends who posts it

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Good that. The one about Britains agriculture and industry.

The worlds biggest producer, factories, the british picking fruit, ship building, the industrial North!

A great producing country!

Aint like that now!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Erm...
    Is it just me or do you imagine tounges with that one?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Archive of the British Council Films can be found here
    Good stuff

awwww <comfort> (we could really do with a hug icon)
    Erm...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    you only spit as they kick bottom

1974, a good year - I was born

my son was a space marines man, but he was not much of a painter

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    high elves <spit>
    you only spit as they kick bottom

I remember sitting in a cottage in 1974, in Little Sandhurst, in front of a blazing coal fire, painting the tassles on my Sassinid Cataphracts
    1974, a good year - I was born

no wonder the wife left me

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    BGG has been better but he's getting by, we are playing a lot of table-top battles at present as I now have time to paint again, planning on dusting down my 30k or so of points of High Elves if I can find enough greenies to splat
    high elves <spit>

I remember sitting in a cottage in 1974, in Little Sandhurst, in front of a blazing coal fire, painting the tassles on my Sassinid Cataphracts

no wonder the wife left me

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    how is bgg these days ? I picked up a two player risk yesterday, me and the missus will be playing it at the weekend
    BGG has been better but he's getting by, we are playing a lot of table-top battles at present as I now have time to paint again, planning on dusting down my 30k or so of points of High Elves if I can find enough greenies to splat

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

The town planning one shows we still have not learned from the past & in the rabbit one the avoidance of the word sex by "the male introduces sperm" is very innocent

Well worth a watch
    Thanks for that. Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

The town planning one shows we still have not learned from the past & in the rabbit one the avoidance of the word sex by "the male introduces sperm" is very innocent

Well worth a watch
    good stuff Halo

how is bgg these days ?

I picked up a two player risk yesterday, me and the missus will be playing it at the weekend

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    started a topic A slice of history

A slice of history

Well worth a watch

Working...
X