• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clegg and Cameron Leave debate"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Won't somebody think of the Philosophers?
    I thought Philosophers were meant to think for themselves?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    In short, unless you are prepared to get a worthwhile Degree with some honourable intent to put it to good widespread social use, foot your own bills!!

Won't somebody think of the Philisophers?

Leave a comment:

• freelancer75
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Sensible call from the Government. What we need is for Degrees in disciplines that we as a country are short of, to be incentivised. Medicine, Chemistry, Engineering, Science etc. should all be funded centrally with the successful candidates legally bound to repay their grants by working in some role that benefits the nation for a period of say 5 years. In the NHS or Armed Forces or in some line of work where they effectively repay their dues to the taxpayers before they are free to move on and forge their own careers.
    For all these mickey-mouse degree courses that have sprung up like nettles, and without as much social value, fund them yourselves you lazy barstewards. Can't see why the working population should be shelling out to essentially bankroll these "hobby" courses.
    In short, unless you are prepared to get a worthwhile Degree with some honourable intent to put it to good widespread social use, foot your own bills!!

I am new here, but I agree with you on this point. I did a degree in Mechatronics and found out that employers looked down on it. If I could go back I would have tried harder to complete more A-Levels and do Engineering or Comp Sci. As it is I am now a Tester trying to break into Development however after many broken promises by Management I am no further forward, although I am contracting now as a Tester so the money is much better. I think a lot of these new degrees are a waste of time and just created by Labour to make it look like they increased University Places, when all they were doing was arming loads of students with dud degrees.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Sensible call from the Government. What we need is for Degrees in disciplines that we as a country are short of, to be incentivised. Medicine, Chemistry, Engineering, Science etc. should all be funded centrally with the successful candidates legally bound to repay their grants by working in some role that benefits the nation for a period of say 5 years. In the NHS or Armed Forces or in some line of work where they effectively repay their dues to the taxpayers before they are free to move on and forge their own careers.
    For all these mickey-mouse degree courses that have sprung up like nettles, and without as much social value, fund them yourselves you lazy barstewards. Can't see why the working population should be shelling out to essentially bankroll these "hobby" courses.

Leave a comment:

• markmm
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Passed with a majority of 21 I think.
    Let the riots commence.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Passed with a majority of 21 I think.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post

How long are you going to keep this up?
    Until the hopelessness permeates the darkest depths of his miniscule brain. Could be days yet!

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by markmm View Post
    You growing a pair if balls? Doubt it. No doubt you and your clique are pinging the mods like crazy. I might get banned but you will always be gutless, snivelling suck up, sheep.

Why would my balls be in your future? Whatever it is you've got in mind dude, you can count me out.

Again with the balls... kandr liked to talk about my balls, too.

How long are you going to keep this up?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Come on, Tories resigning, lib dems resigning, this will rock the coalition to it's core.

Leave a comment:

• markmm
    replied
    Come on, Tories resigning, lib dems resigning, this will rock the coalition to it's core.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    You growing a pair if balls? Doubt it. No doubt you and your clique are pinging the mods like crazy. I might get banned but you will always be gutless, snivelling suck up, sheep.
    The only person making a case for you being banned is yourself.

Leave a comment:

• markmm
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    kandr had been banned previously because he was a moron. Then again today, because he was a moron...

I'm having a vision of your future... Can you guess what it involves?

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Oh goody! Is he banned for good? What did he get banned for?
    He was a moron.

Leave a comment:

• markmm
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Oh goody! Is he banned for good? What did he get banned for?
    If I was kandr, i would be immensely happy that the likes of you are happy at my banning.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    By that logic you are any number if the bedwetters attacking me and who probably petitioned to get kandr banned.,you are Spod, RC, etc.
    kandr had been banned previously because he was a moron. Then again today, because he was a moron...

I'm having a vision of your future... Can you guess what it involves?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X