• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SKY HD channels

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SKY HD channels"

Collapse

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    I'd rather watch something decent on a black and white, mono, 405 line TV than soap operas in ultra high definition holographic interractive 17 channel audio.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I believe BT were / are testing so are relaying signals back to earth in the clear. Their customer may or may not be SKY, but it does not restirct use to ASTRA satelites.

It's in a similar vein as Premiership football being broadcast live and free int the clear to several european countries. If you can pick up the signal from the satleite then good for you althought ehcarrier may get their wrists slapped.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    From a forum I found (cant find it again), if you find the sattelite and the frequency then its in the clear

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that BT or Sky are supplying unencrypted output, and what do you use to watch them? (i.e. is Sky selling HDTV receivers yet?)

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    If you know the right channel and satellite you can get a nose eye view from cruise missiles and predators and all sorts of equally boring stuff too.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    BT have been producing a HDTV stream for most premier league games this season.

Hth.
    From a forum I found (cant find it again), if you find the sattelite and the frequency then its in the clear

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    Dunno about that

One has got BSG with a female Starbuck and Number Six with the legs that will not quit. Stargate Atlantis has had Major Samantha Carter in a wet teashirt and Stargate itself has had her naked!
    What...when?!?!?!

Dammit...Im gonna have to google this tonight!

BTW, when you say nekid...do you mean actually nekid and you see some heaven or not actually nekid and you see nothing but bare back?

If nekid, is it on a parr with the sonic shower scenes from Enterprise with that vulcan with the chest puppies that make Newton and Einstein look like numpties that know nothing about gravety?

Mailman

ps. Anyone know what sky is gonna charge for their HD service? They dont have prices on their website yet.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by woo
    sky have not announced 'live' hdtv yet.

maybe they are testing it at the moment.

hdtv world cup in germany is unlikely. (June 9)
    BT have been producing a HDTV stream for most premier league games this season.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• woo
    replied
    sky have not announced 'live' hdtv yet.

maybe they are testing it at the moment.

hdtv world cup in germany is unlikely. (June 9)

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What's the point, there's still nothing worth watching...
    But you can watch nothing in much higher quality.

You can't subscribe yet.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What's the point, there's still nothing worth watching...
    Dunno about that

One has got BSG with a female Starbuck and Number Six with the legs that will not quit. Stargate Atlantis has had Major Samantha Carter in a wet teashirt and Stargate itself has had her naked!

Leave a comment:

• Paco
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I don't have one myself but played with the technology at a certain manufacturer of satellite tv equipment and it's fantastic!

Isn't it Paco...?
    Absolutely. At a 'certain manufacturer' we had a demo running on a dual output STB to compare standard def with HD, and its when you see them running side by side like that that you really appreciate the difference in quality.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Have they found intelligent life in New Zealand yet?
    Yes, its all living over here though...taking good jobs away from the locals and generally showing the English how things should be done!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Not likely. Evolutionists use New Zealand to prove the existence of the missing link between chimps and humans.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    There is a National Geographic HD channel too.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    There is a National Geographic HD channel too.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X