• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Train; it just had to go wrong didn't it?"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    When Mrs RC & I used Eurostar to go to Holland, the journey was spoiled by a Kraut eating a garlic sausage with his penknife and stinking the carriage out with the stench of dodgy offal.

But isn't that why we don't like the continental types? 'Cos they pong even worse than proper British tramps?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Would armageddon put an end to the stinky sandwiches that OAPs take with them on trains?
    No, that's Hamageddon.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    And what wine does sir have planned to accompany one's game casserole?
    A slightly limited choice at this evening's restaurant, which is actually just a posh pub. They have a decent Argie Malbec which should work well enough.

If only this ******* train would actually go at intercity speed instead of bicycle speed.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I know, it's bad. My legs are starting to hurt now; that's what happens when I get hungry. Shall soon be eating a large serving of game stew.
    And what wine does sir have planned to accompany sirs's game casserole?
    Last edited by norrahe; 3 December 2010, 18:24.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    An end.
    Would armageddon put an end to the stinky sandwiches that OAPs take with them on trains?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    You? Missed lunch????

What is the world coming to??
    I know, it's bad. My legs are starting to hurt now; that's what happens when I get hungry. Shall soon be eating a large serving of game stew.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You? Missed lunch????

An end.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I haven't started yet. Unfortunately I missed lunch today, so I have insufficient organic material in my bowels for the normal fermentation procedure to be executed, meaning I am resigned to the fate of sitting in the smelly sandwich coupe.
    You? Missed lunch????

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I had to get off the tram a stop early because I could no longer stand the stench of stale piss from the tramp occupying the other end. Most unpleasant.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I bet the oap is ranting on the oap equivilent website about the young man whose farts smell and why can't he have consideration for people who are trying to eat their sandwiches.
    I haven't started yet. Unfortunately I missed lunch today, so I have insufficient organic material in my bowels for the normal fermentation procedure to be executed, meaning I am resigned to the fate of sitting in the smelly sandwich coupe.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You should say something. "Excuse me, I like a good sandwich as much as the next, however if you continue to insist eating that sandwich then I must warn you I might all over you"

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I bet the oap is ranting on the oap equivilent website about the young man whose farts smell and why can't he have consideration for people who are trying to eat their sandwiches.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Well I just completed a 26 hour commute. Vienna to London became:

Vienna - Berlin - Frankfurt - London. Sleeping in an airport is so overrated!

And I get to do it all again on Monday
    Should have stayed in Vienna.

Mind, I could have just stayed in the Hague, which is rather nice too.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Well I just completed a 26 hour commute. Vienna to London became:

Vienna - Berlin - Frankfurt - London. Sleeping in an airport is so overrated!

And I get to do it all again on Monday

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    started a topic Train; it just had to go wrong didn't it?

Train; it just had to go wrong didn't it?

Up to now, it was an extremely pleasant journey. I have a seat, t'internet's working, I have an electrical socket, the train is clean, and an attractive girl has just played some Bach cello suites.

Now some f**king OAP has got on the train with an exceedingly smelly sandwich!

WHY can't people consider other passengers when taking their packed lunches/dinners on the train?

I don't know what noxious mixture of processed sauces and blue-boiled eggs she's put on that sandwich, but it reeks!

Only one thing for it, time to start farting!

And now the train is sitting still due to a points failure, as per bloody usual!

Working...
X