• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fick or wot?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fick or wot?"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No, but you do expect it to last about 5min before it gets trashed.

Snow is a good test of how rough your street is:

- Rough: snowman kicked to bits in an hour or less
    - Very rough: same but the head is thrown at your house, or the snowman is in your back garden
    - Roughish: decapitated or trashed within 24 hours
    - OK: people add genitalia
    - Good: left well alone
    - Excellent: people add decorations or more snowmen next to it

One snowman in our street has a giant icicle stabbed through it's heart, otherwise no fatalities. There is a 7-foot tall snow-penis standing upright in a nearby garden, complete with balls covered in bits of sticks for pubes. Well, it was upright but is slowly leaning/drooping as the sun hits it.
    Obviously Calvin and Hobbes live up your street.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Maybe she used family silver spoons...
    She's from Chatham, you don't get much "family silver" down that way

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Maybe she used family silver spoons...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    During the call the woman said: "It ain't a nice road but you don't expect someone to nick your snowman."
    No, but you do expect it to last about 5min before it gets trashed.

Snow is a good test of how rough your street is:

- Rough: snowman kicked to bits in an hour or less
    - Very rough: same but the head is thrown at your house, or the snowman is in your back garden
    - Roughish: decapitated or trashed within 24 hours
    - OK: people add genitalia
    - Good: left well alone
    - Excellent: people add decorations or more snowmen next to it

One snowman in our street has a giant icicle stabbed through it's heart, otherwise no fatalities. There is a 7-foot tall snow-penis standing upright in a nearby garden, complete with balls covered in bits of sticks for pubes. Well, it was upright but is slowly leaning/drooping as the sun hits it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    That bit has made me really laugh too.
    Perhaps it wasn't nicked, but put snowmanely down?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    because she used pound coins for eyes and teaspoons for arms.
    That bit has made me really laugh too.

Leave a comment:

• configman
    replied
    Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I can empathise, I build a snowman last year and when it thawed the water was absorbed by the ground, it then was soaked up by a orchard a few miles away and the apples where sold by the owner, so he profited from my snowman. I am taking it all the way to Europe.
    ..but wasn't it returned when the ciderhead pissed on your lawn.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    I can empathise, I build a snowman last year and when it thawed the water was absorbed by the ground, it then was soaked up by a orchard a few miles away and the apples where sold by the owner, so he profited from my snowman. I am taking it all the way to Europe.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Exactly. Theft is theft, however petty it's still a crime. If the police gave a tulip perhaps people would think twice about flaunting the law whenever they feel like it.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I left a £50 note on the path outside my house and some **** nicked it after a few hours.

Police didn't seem interested in the crime.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Wouldn't pennies do for the eyes? Or even buttons?
    Heck yes. Recently-resigned-for-saying-you've-never-had-it-so-good Lord Young would be turning in his grave if he knew people were spending £2 on snowman eyes in the middle of this "so-called recession", and if he was dead.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Wouldn't pennies do for the eyes? Or even buttons? Did she also lose a carrot and some walnuts?
    Might have been a couple of slices of Spam?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I tested the Dutch emergency services call centre; about 75% of the calls were fake callers;

- calling to hurl abuse at the telephonists
    - children pissing around
    - people asking where they can order a pizza
    - heavy breather types wanting a female voice on the line
    - trouser pocket calls, where the number was accidentally dialled on the mobile

We introduced some software to help the coppers catch the idiots.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    If you have ever been to Chatham and seen the in-bred spongers living there, you would not feel so surprised.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Wouldn't pennies do for the eyes? Or even buttons? Did she also lose a carrot and some walnuts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X