• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Posters who've had loony partners"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    At one time, in the tiny part of Mayo where my mum and dad live, before my uncle Tony died, in a family gettogether you could have got

Tony English - Me
    Tony English - My dad
    Tony English - my Dads uncle
    Tony English - my dads cousin
    Tony English - my dads nephew
    yes, but those were only two different people.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Oh dear. A Belgian.
    The second and last time I went to Belgium cost me €175, and I didn't even stop. They claim I was speeding, which given the traffic I was in at the time implies the speed limit on their motorways is in the region of 12km/h.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Oi!!!!

Careful what you say about Mayo
    An essential ingredient in a BLT sandwich, and quite nice with frittes.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Oi!!!!

Is Mayo anywhere near Nais?

Yeah, I know...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    That's Mayo for you... they are a strange breed. My Mam is from Mayo and she's a bit odd too.
    Oi!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    She reads this forum btw...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    That's Mayo for you... they are a strange breed. My Mam is from Mayo and she's a bit odd too.
    She reads this forum btw...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    That's obvioulsy why we were so popular in the sticks outside Aberdeen before they moved to Ireland! Can't hid the Englishness of my name - although it comes from Ireland.

At one time, in the tiny part of Mayo where my mum and dad live, before my uncle Tony died, in a family gettogether you could have got

Tony English - Me
    Tony English - My dad

and

Paddy English - my brother
    Paddy English - my uncle
    Paddy English - my dads cousin

I think my dads cousin has called one of his sons Paddy also!

Unfortunately my grandad died a long time ago, further reducing the Paddy English count!

Not very imaginiative when it comes to names us English's. My wife wouldn't let me call my son Tony so he's called James Anthony English

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Tony, you should have realised that sooner or later you'd find out that if you are "English", then you are to blame for everything.

That's obvioulsy why we were so popular in the sticks outside Aberdeen before they moved to Ireland! Can't hid the Englishness of my name - although it comes from Ireland.

Tony English - Me
    Tony English - My dad

and

Paddy English - my brother
    Paddy English - my uncle
    Paddy English - my dads cousin

I think my dads cousin has called one of his sons Paddy also!

Unfortunately my grandad died a long time ago, further reducing the Paddy English count!

Not very imaginiative when it comes to names us English's. My wife wouldn't let me call my son Tony so he's called James Anthony English

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    When I finally split with the mental Irish one (the Hag) it was after a night out in the village where her and my folks live. She had a few drinks and was being fairly normal. Then her brother went home and it was like somebody flicked a switch. She started shouting her brothers name and running in and out of the pub looking for him - she wasn't pissed and she had just said goodbye. I was worried that she would run into the road and get ran over and then I'd not be getting any that night! My brothers went home to tell my folks that I was having problems with her and they came down in the Land Rover to give her a lift home. As soon as she saw it she went to the next level of ****tardidness and started kicking it and calling my parents all the names under the sun. We were all 'British Bastards' that night. Eventully I'd had enough and pulled her away from the Land Rover and she slid over into a muddy puddle - then all the attitude stopped and she was full of apologies and 'would do anything'. Unfortunately my mum and dad were still on the scene so I couldn't take advantage of this kind offer - by then her folks had turned up also!

The next day one of her mates asked if I'd go to meet here. I said no as I was watching a film on sky and although a tulip movie, it would probably have been better than speaking to her. In the end I went down because her mate was worried that she'd do something stupid. I then had 2 hours of her pleading to be taken back etc and me saying No over and over again. At one point she threatened to follow me back to England and would follow me to work and home. A few days later and I was catching the plane from Dublin and I clocked a girl accross the departure lounge who was the spitting image of her. I sat there staring daggers at her thinking that this loon was actually going to follow me back. Only when I passed her in the arrivals hall did I find out that it was somebody who looked a hell of a lot like her. I hope she wasn't a nervous flier and put off by that mental English guy who kept staring at her!
    Tony, you should have realised that sooner or later you'd find out that if you are "English", then you are to blame for everything.

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Some corkers in here:

Nutters abound

Flippin 'eck

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Well you can claim it's a traditional business opportunity, I'd imagine IR35 wouldn't be a major concern.
    Well I suppose you wouldn't have to charge VAT unless you'd had more gobbles than a Bernard Matthews turkey farm.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Well you can claim it's a traditional business opportunity, I'd imagine IR35 wouldn't be a major concern.
    Lots of different clients........risk involved..........swallowing the cost of training! ()

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Plan B.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Plan BJ.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X