• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you have a silly ringtone?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Some rat had the Scotts Porridge Oats tune blaring down the road at 6 this morning.

Had to switch something else on to get the tune out of my head.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Do you have a silly ringtone
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I compose my own ringtones.
    Is that a yes or a no?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Changed again last night to the Charlies Angels theme and selected tones depending on who is calling (a good friend has the Banana Splits theme.) Changed my work phone now as well...

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    got the kids singing / screaming "pick up the phone!, pick up the phone!, pick up the phone! etc." but it's on vibrate only at work.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Many years ago when mobiles were slowly starting to get used, primarily by city boys ringing to tell their girlies that they were on the train I knew this old boy who was slowly starting to get pissed off with these people on the train. So one fine evening he stuck an old Bakelite telephone in a plastic bag and an alarm clock set to go off a few minutes before his stop. You should have seen the other commuters faces when the alarm went off, he pulled this huge old phone out of the plastic bag and bellowed down the phone that he would shortly be arriving and that dinner had better be on the table for him
    Well done that man

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Kings of Leon - Sex on fire

I have it on vibrate then ring......................and I don't work in an office so WGAS?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I tend to have it on 'wibble' during the day, but my tone is an irate Dalek shouting exterminate.

Leave a comment:

• Aman
    replied
    The standard factory setting one.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I compose my own ringtones.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I've got Park Life. But it's usually on silent/vibrate.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I have one just for train journeys “This train is running approximately thirty minutes late.”
    Many years ago when mobiles were slowly starting to get used, primarily by city boys ringing to tell their girlies that they were on the train I knew this old boy who was slowly starting to get pissed off with these people on the train. So one fine evening he stuck an old Bakelite telephone in a plastic bag and an alarm clock set to go off a few minutes before his stop. You should have seen the other commuters faces when the alarm went off, he pulled this huge old phone out of the plastic bag and bellowed down the phone that he would shortly be arriving and that dinner had better be on the table for him

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    My phone is always on silent too. I hate speaking to people, so assume they will leave a message if it's important enough for me to call them back.

I absolutely cannot bear novelty/music ringtones. I might resurrect the 'little things that annoy you...' thread, just to add this to it. Gggrrrrrrrr.

I have one just for train journeys “This train is running approximately thirty minutes late.”

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    I have Johnny Cash - Ring of fire.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    WMPS

If a pimp rings and they have a gig that is of relevance they will leave a message, if they don't it is a fishing call.
    WSS.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I change my ringtones all the time now that you can use MP3s which means going through the music collection and finding weird and wonderful obscurities (or download some real strange stuff from WFMU.) At work its on vibrate though.

We have a new phone system at work, one of these VOIP thingies, which also has a web interface so you can do wonderful things with it. As everyone around me has discovered, me too now, you can upload MP3s to the phone via the web interface so everyone now has a 'unique' ringtone. Everything from the theme to Knightrider via Pippi Langstrumpf cna b heard blaring out all day. (We've also worked out how to hack them by sending HTML to them and using other peoples phones...)
    If I worked at your place I'd bring an AK47 to work and spray you all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X