• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tolerant sensible Islam"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Interesting to reflect that to my knowledge none of the Rapturists have been arrested for they are seeking to murder the entire human race through their bizzare belief that a cataclysmic event in the Middle East will trigger the end of the world, and some of these folks have the political muscle to engineer such an event.

Dont you think, by the same token , the Rapturists should be arrested for inciting the destruction of mankind, ought not this dangerous cult of fundamentalist religous terror and destruction be banned ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 March 2006, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    I liked the craze for drilling holes in ones own skull. What happened to that? I went out and got all the proper gear at B&Q but then before I could get round to it it was suddenly last year's fashion.
    Trepanning. The bigger the better.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    They've arrested some more, apparently they think they can do 22 of them.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I liked the craze for drilling holes in ones own skull. What happened to that? I went out and got all the proper gear at B&Q but then before I could get round to it it was suddenly last year's fashion.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I cannot understand wanting to drop nerve agent onto my own soldiers just to see what happens

What was that womans name who experimented with radio activity on herself
    Do you mean Marie Curie? A famous French scientist of the first half of the 20th century, who handled radium before the danger was realised, and died as a result.

But then again in America there was - in the 30's I think - a craze to drink a radioactive liquid. It was said to revitalise you. In reality it killed you. One man drank so much that his skull started dissappearing due to radiation damage. He was a rather nasty mess in the last few months of his life.

If you want something else disgusting, look up "phossy jaw".

We are a pampered generation.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    I would not be surprised if the sarin poisoning of our own troops was no more than pure arrogance by our own scientists. "I say old chap, our calculations tell us that this deadly nerve toxin is harmless in small quantities, what". "Oh dear Reginald, he's gorn blue, and is twitching. Looks like our assumptions were not spot on, what. Never mind. Plenty more proles where he came from."

Scientists can sometimes think they know more than they do. Or realise that they forgot to take into account other important factors. For example, in the last few years there's been evidence that low level radiation is far more harmful than previously thought.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    but everyone does things for a valid reason, nobody says oh this is stupid or wrong but I am going to do it anyway. People think differently to you and they have different values.
    Some of the really weird ones come on here believing they are born again. Once was enough for most of us

I find it easier to understand the **** gassing their own than I do our own guys.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Still islam, I'm afraid

not really upset DD

its just that I can understand people getting upset cartoon-wise (although I dont agree with them)
    I can understand the Police using tear gas to restore order (although I dont know the full circs)

I cannot understand wanting to drop nerve agent onto my own soldiers just to see what happens

so who are the savages ??
    I can't imagine wanting to drop nerve gas on anyone, but then I'm not supposed to protect the realm. I presume that there was a valid (in someone's eyes) reason for so doing.
    You may well argue that the top brass are psychos and savages.
    In my opinion, whereas they may be psychos, they're not savages.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    not really upset DD

its just that I can understand people getting upset cartoon-wise (although I dont agree with them)
    I can understand the Police using tear gas to restore order (although I dont know the full circs)

so who are the savages ??

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Care to explain that?

Originally posted by NoddY
    Dundeegeorge - you are being played like a fiddle.
    At all?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Hmnn, I appear to have upset you?

ok DD step into the car park.

I am going to visit every car park in Britain till I see a daft tw@t and I will boot all the way back to ****** Dun ****** Dee

You're not another crazed in-duh-vidual who carries a torch for an imaginary playfriend, are you?

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Dundeegeorge - you are being played like a fiddle.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    ok DD step into the car park.

I am going to visit every car park in Britain till I see a daft tw@t and I will boot all the way back to ****** Dun ****** Dee

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Less Reason?

my point exactly.

they had less reason to do what they did than the Pakis did
    Woohoo (and other Daffy duck type noises).

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    About thirty years ago I was asked to volunteer to go to Porton Down to have some 'stuff' dropped on my arm

I was promised £20 extra a week plus steak and chips every night.

swines

Leave a comment:

Working...
X