• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "After a year's evaluation, I've found the best family car"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Bentley GT Flying Star

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Have you tried bigger Audis, which don't try to look sporty - are they the same?
    Tried an A6; should have been a very comfortable car, but was rather like riding a dinner tray.

Maybe an A8 is really comfortable, but given my budget, the e-class was about the most relaxing drive. Only other car I really enjoyed was the Citroen C6, but considering earlier experiences with French cars I thought better of it.

Remember too that cars cost a lot more in NL due to 42% car sales tax plus 19% VAT on top of that. Top of the range is only really accessible to large companies or the super-rich like sasguru and dimprawn.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Have you tried bigger Audis, which don't try to look sporty - are they the same?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Speaking of Audi drivers reminded me of Audi's all time classic advert:

Audi Advert

How times have changed.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Audis seem like nice cars. Just because lots of idiots buy them doesn't mean you shouldn't. Try not to care so much about what total strangers think of you.
    Just because 90% of the times someone tailgates you it's an Audi... the majority of cocks might be Audi drivers but that doesn't mean the majority of Audi drivers are cocks. You only notice the idiots.
    Ah, but this is not the point; I've driven Audis while choosing my latest car or as hire cars. They don't work for me; something about them makes me feel aggressive. Maybe it's the hard suspension or the over-responsive engines and gearboxes, I don't know. What I do know is I've never been able to relax in an Audi. I can relax and arrive stress-free and fresh in an MB.

Maybe that's what makes Audi drivers such a bunch of cocks; something about their car is bringing out the less pleasant aspects of their character. They might be quite nice people once they get home 45 seconds before me.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Put the kettle on love, there's a sweetheart.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    My parents have a Focus C-Max and it's got tonnes of space and is a really nice car to drive - I love it.

Put the kettle on love, there's a sweetheart.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

fck. youse guys are way above my league
    I am picking up a new one next week, but I was thinking of going for the replacement for the hyundai matrix, whatever that may be called.
    looking to pay about 12k, with part exchange of about 4.5

its goto be good for camping, a long trip through europe, and two years of daily commute

My parents have a Focus C-Max and it's got tonnes of space and is a really nice car to drive - I love it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    FTFY

Adonis?

You're thinking of Achilles. He had a limp as well.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    So you drive an Audi do you?
    I don't drive anything, I've worked from home the last 3 years. I still own the Yaris I bought when I graduated university, but it's on long-term loan to a friend.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Audis seem like nice cars. Just because lots of idiots buy them doesn't mean you shouldn't. Try not to care so much about what total strangers think of you.
    Just because 90% of the times someone tailgates you it's an Audi... the majority of cocks might be Audi drivers but that doesn't mean the majority of Audi drivers are cocks. You only notice the idiots.
    So you drive an Audi do you?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I am picking up a new one next week, but I was thinking of going for the replacement for the hyundai matrix, whatever that may be called.

its goto be good for camping, a long trip through europe, and two years of daily commute

Look at the Octavia estate and Mazda 6 estate. I really liked them and as am not a car snob would have got one or either if the missus had not liked the Merc. You should get a recent one for your kind of budget.
    Now if only Mazda did an MPS version of the estate, that would be my perfect car.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Rotund?

Don't beat about the bush Sas. I've met Shaun he's definitely fit. And to say that he is an Adonis is probably an understatement. I felt quite intimidated in his presence. Like having a pint with Daniel Craig.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X