• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The latest Benched Poll (Microsoft Developers)"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Numbers looking better now

Every reason to be optimisitic.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is it safe? Have they stopped blowing people up over there?
    Far safer than most cities in GB by a long way, oh and the pubs open until 1am which is a nice bonus. Everytime I head back home to London there's always that fear that something might just happen. Belfast, never had that problem.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    5 out of 18 = aprox 28%.

That is a lot. Means I have a one in four chance of being out of work for more than 3 months.
    Maybe you want to do a introductory statistics course.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    5 out of 18 = aprox 28%.

That is a lot. Means I have a one in four chance of being out of work for more than 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    We will let you off seen as you have done C# before.

Seems like quite a lot of people been benched for 3+ months. Thats a scary prospect :-S
    Yeah 5 is a lot, not big on math are you.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    If you can be bothered to get over to Northern Ireland there seem to be a few C# roles that are sticking to the job boards due to lack of applicants. I would suggest the money isn't quite what you're looking for (£300/day) but there are jobs about:

NI Jobs Contract Roles
    Is it safe? Have they stopped blowing people up over there?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    If you can be bothered to get over to Northern Ireland there seem to be a few C# roles that are sticking to the job boards due to lack of applicants. I would suggest the money isn't quite what you're looking for (£300/day) but there are jobs about:

NI Jobs Contract Roles

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Just finished a part time C++ contract, though the client says there's a good chance they'll want me back in the new year. Does that count as a "Microsoft developer"? I have done C# contracts in the past.
    We will let you off seen as you have done C# before.

Seems like quite a lot of people been benched for 3+ months. Thats a scary prospect :-S

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Just finished a part time C++ contract, though the client says there's a good chance they'll want me back in the new year. Does that count as a "Microsoft developer"? I have done C# contracts in the past.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    ok, I added mine, I'm in contract.

Been lucky the last couple of years.

The 4 Month contract I got in May 08 snowballed into 16 months, and I had arranged a new 4 month contract 3 days before I finished the 16 monther (with a week break inbetween).

Current contract due to finish at Xmas, but they are trying to get funding for another 6 months, so fingers crossed that pans out.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Come on guys, surely there are more than 16 MS developers on the forum!
    They are all down the job centre.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Come on guys, surely there are more than 16 MS developers on the forum!

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    It's not looking good guys....

So for 1/3 of developers have been benched for 3+ months! :-s
    14 people, hardly a large sample? I wouldn't be trying to glean anything from the poll other than you fail because you didn't put an AndyW option.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It's not looking good guys....

So for 1/3 of developers have been benched for 3+ months! :-s
    To be fair we did try hard to point out these downsides when you had your rose tinted spectacles on right at the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Maybe people in contract have better things to do on a Monday morning than join in a straw poll.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X